Elliptical suggestions

Rhondaroo78
on 3/2/08 12:53 pm
I got an elliptical machine from my mom about  8 weeks ago but only got it out of the box and put together a week ago .. I know from some others I have talked to that it can really kick your rear .. I can walk 5 miles and when on the treadmill can walk 3 miles .. but this elliptical is harder than I anticipated .. I did about 1 min on it .. I know not very good .. but I have worked my way up to 6 min each time I have used it now .. I use it when I get up .. when I go home for lunch  .. when I get home and then once or twice before I go to bed .. but I don't go very fast .. think I'm going to have to work up to it .. so am wondering if there is anyone out there who can tell me how I should pace myself on this so as to increase it so it will actually have an effect and be worthwhile .. thanks much .. Rhonda
jamiekay
on 3/3/08 12:59 pm - Napoleon, OH
Well I goto the gym and I use the ellyptical because it really feels like I do more and it says I burn a heck of a lot more calories too then the tread mill! But it is harder, I feel like my legs are jelly afterwards but I am getting better, how I did it was set myself a goal like 10 minutes and I had to make myself go! I hate to excersise but I did it and kept at it for a week then I added 5 more minutes and so I did 15 straight and was really proud of myself and I really felt it too in my legs like it really did something! So I think you just have to push yourself and it will get easier. my husband started a couple years ago at 20 minutes now he goes 45 minutes at the minimum and 60 minutes when he just runs and doesn't do weights, and he keeps telling me it gets easier and it does I have found it to be true I just have to really really push myself! I hope it gets easier for yoU! I notice on mine it has a stride and I try and keep it around 120 for my stride. Good luck! Jamie
Rhondaroo78
on 3/4/08 1:44 am
Thanks Jamie,   I'll just keep pushing myself .. smile .. actually yesterday for the first time I did do 10 min finally .. and did it three different times .. but think I'll have to do as ya said and just push push myself! grinning .. I'll have to see if mine has a stride I can set .. I'm just glad to get it up and going finally .. Thanks again, Rhonda
Most Active