Any Last Words??

Dan_P.
on 2/29/08 5:05 am - Baltimore, MD
Be well Kevin. You'll be in my thoughts this weekend. -Dan
marsheeeee
on 2/29/08 5:07 am - Jackson, MS
Hey, Kevin, I'm mostly a lurker on this site, but I have been following your posts (as well as those of the other marathoners and marathoners-in-training).  I'm training for Chicago, so I am anxious to hear how you do.  I'll be thinking about you and praying for your success in this endeavor.  It's a monumental feat just getting ready for this, so I totally admire what you and the others have accomplished. I wishing you good luck, much stamina, lots of heart, plenty of hydration, good running weather - and I know you'll do it.  You go, guy!  You WILL write and let us know how it went - after you've recovered, of course, right? Marcia 
ermath
on 2/29/08 6:14 am - Hammond, LA
Only beautiful things can come of this weekend for you, Kevin!  You are making a believer out of more people than you'll ever realize.
Age: 30, Height: 5'9", Weight: 437/185/170, Sur: RNY Nov05

Cassie W.
on 2/29/08 9:43 am
You are going to have such an amazing time from the moment you wake up that morning and head to the start.  The rush of emotion is overwhelming knowing how far you've come.  Like others said, savor each moment.  Draw strength from the confidence you built during your training runs.  I'm a big proponent of the ice bath to speed recovery after the run and certainly enjoyed my massage the next today to celebrate. Best of luck to you. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 2/29/08 10:56 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Kevin, One of the things that really helped me was to know what to expect from the route and where the porta potties were. You will be surprised by what part makes you emotional.  I didn't expect to be crying at mile 21, but it was farther than I had ever run before... and at that time I realized I'd finish the race. Be prepared for the photo ops and be smiling!  It will be nicer to remember if the pics are good.  I was lucky, all mine turned out pretty well. Most of all, look around and enjoy the view.  If it's anything like Phoenix, there will be people all along the route cheering you on.  Live in those moments.  It's pretty great. Have a wonderful time! Linn
Most Active