Mardi Gras Marathon Race Report

kypdurran
on 2/26/08 4:11 am - Baton Rouge, LA

I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much I enjoyed writing (and living) it. 

http://www.team464.com/mardigrasmarathon2008/racereport-part 1.html

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Chad

Deanna34
on 2/26/08 7:26 am - Salem, OR
Chad, you had me laughing and crying all at the same time!  You are a great writer with a great sense of humor.  I find you truly inspiring!  Thanks so much for sharing this with us! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

frueta
on 2/26/08 8:16 am
Chad, What an awesome report.  I wish I could write my thoughts, emotions and details half as good as you.  Congratulations on your first marathon!!! 
Rob S.
on 2/26/08 9:23 pm - DE
Chad,  Wow, you really captured the emotions and toils of your marathon.  I'm tired just from reading you exploits.  And it also raises my major concern that I have with gel packs.  I know the GUs are terrible, so I'm going to research some alternative (many cyclists use Hammer).  Thanks for sharing.   Rob
ermath
on 2/27/08 12:15 am - Hammond, LA
Wow.  I guess the Superdome has a whole new meaning to you now. 
Age: 30, Height: 5'9", Weight: 437/185/170, Sur: RNY Nov05

Kirsten :-)
on 2/27/08 5:23 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Great race report!!!!  Although it made me !  LOL  I'm doing my first marathon this Sunday and am getting really nervous!  Congrats on your race! 
kypdurran
on 2/27/08 10:36 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Best of luck with the LA Marathon! 

I hope you have the very best of weather and the fleetest of feet during the race.   Enjoy EVERY moment you get to spend out on the course.   You only get a 'first' marathon one time so savor every mile!   Especially the last mile and the moments leading up to and crossing the finish line!   I'm willing to bet that they will be up there with the greatest moments of your life!

I look forward to reading Kevin and your race reports!

Chad.

kypdurran
on 2/27/08 10:37 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks so much for the great comments.  I can't tell you how much they mean to me and how great it felt to share my accomplishment with all of you.  You guys truly are MY inspiration! 

Chad.

Linn D.
on 2/27/08 11:36 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Chad, What a cool story.  Congratulations, and every wonderful thing I can think of. Since my first was also recent, it sure brought back memories.  I remember very clearly the emotional aspect of mine.  I started to cry at mile 21 because I realized I'd never run that far before and also because at that moment I KNEW I would be finishing that race.  I cried off and on until about mile 25. It sure is a learning experience, though, isn't it?  There are things I'll do much differently next time around. Take care, and be cautious with your recovery.  I tried to do too much too soon and I'm still paying for it. Linn
Most Active