Is my weight loss stalled on 30 minutes 3x per week

JeremyGentles
on 2/27/08 3:21 am, edited 2/27/08 3:21 am - Johnson City, TN
You read the article and you actually agree with a bit of it? Are you implying that you did not think you would? OK just kidding! So now what? I am not a post op, but I think nearly everyone else on this board is...they can attest to the fact that most of them have experienced, in most cases, multiple plateaus. At this point in time I would suggest not getting too upset...of course this is easier said than done. Should you probably get your level of physical activity up to or beyond where your surgeon is suggesting? MOST CERTAINLY! I think it is one of the most important behaviors you can be involved in right now and for the rest of your life. Again, your level of physical activity will be one of the best predictors of you long term success. If you are doing what your surgeon has instructed...the food, the physical activity, the support.....this plateau will pass. Stay positive and stay disciplined. This is a great place to have both of those reinforced. Also, if you have not done so already....take a look at what you currently eating each day. Make sure that you are eating the number of calories you have been instructed to.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active