Saturday exercise ...

Deanna34
on 2/23/08 5:47 am - Salem, OR
Hi everyone! I got up early this morning for my outdoor run.  I was hating life!  I was trying to make every excuse in the book not to go run!  But I forced myself out the door and wasn't happy to find frost on the ground and fog as thick as soup.  It was COLD!   But I made myself run anyway and I ran 5.25 miles in 58 minutes (including a major hill).  It's amazing how proud you can feel afterwards when you wanted to die before you even started!  Now I'm all pumped and having a great day!  I'm glad I didn't give up! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 2/23/08 7:10 am - DE
Great job pushing yourself.  I got out of bed this morning and scurried over to my spinning class.  I had wanted to do a long run today, but my coach decided we should go out on Sunday instead because of the ice and snow.  So an hour of spinning had to suffice. Rob
Cassie W.
on 2/23/08 7:44 am

Deanna,  it is amazing how our whole outlook can change just by getting out there and running.  Some of my best runs have been on days when I had to force myself out the door.   Being Saturday, I worked with our group of new runners.   We started out with 20 minutes of calistenics, followed by 30 minutes of alternating running and walking.  I'm enjoying being the cheerleader and coach to help them train for the July 15K.  It was the first outdoor run for the group.  Although it was only 21 degrees, most enjoyed the change of scenery. After the class, I headed over to our local Heart Run and Walk and ran about 6 miles.  It was an indoor run/walk, so it felt funny running through the halls of the high school.  I kept expecting someone to tell me "no running in the halls." Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kevin A.
on 2/23/08 10:10 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Love hear the stories of how cold it is when you run!! 21 degrees!! I think I would die out there!! It was about 60 degrees here when we started our last 8 mile training run and I had on about 3 layers of cloths!! After about 3 miles the cloths came off and I was able to enjoy the very very last training run!!!

Next Sunday L.A. Marathon!!! I hope its not too cold or raining!!

Have a great weekend!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
liz A.
on 2/24/08 12:05 am

so what do you do this week before the big day?  rest?  what time does your run start? 

Kevin A.
on 2/25/08 12:11 am, edited 2/25/08 12:13 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
This week?? I'll do alot of resting maybe some light running/walking just to stay loose and try not to injury myself!! My training is done so I need res****er and load up on carbs this week!! That should be fun!!

The marathon starts at 8:15 but I may not be starting until after 8:30-8:45. I've been told the first 2 miles is very tight area for over 20,000 people and up hill so I'll just wait and start off walking until alot of the people clear out.. Well that the plan well see how it works out!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
liz A.
on 2/24/08 12:06 am
I did 15 min elliptical  & ran for 1.5 miles....ok, I walked for 4 min of that, but almost did the entire 1.5 running.  glad you had a good workout! 
KTBee
on 2/24/08 6:01 am
Good for you Deanna! I worked out for an hour and half with the trainer and my hubby.  I pushed myself hard and worked to the point where when I was finished I knew I didn't have anymore left to give.  It felt great mentally and not too bad physically.  I slept really, really well that night. Katy B
Most Active