Slowing Down Exercise?

camalamb
on 2/23/08 1:15 am - Greenville, SC
I am contemplating reducing my workout regiment. I think it may be slowing down my weight loss efforts (replacing fat with muscle) I have talked with several friends who also had the surgery and the Doc. and really think I should be down at least 20 more lbs. Of course the Doc. says I'm on target according to his calculations and that I shouldn't be comparing my weight loss to others because starting weight and height make a big difference, well easier said than done. And I am really happy with my current weight loss but I've waited so long to get here........ I WANT MORE and I want it now! LOL. I know that eventually I'll reach my goal (no doubt about it) I'm just working so hard and I really really really really want this. Just contemplating
Scott William
on 2/24/08 7:55 am
No - don't do it.  Keep up the exercise and muscle building.  More muscle burns more calories at rest so your metabilism sort of increases.  If you are still losing keep with what has worked which seems to be exercise.  You already know that you can't compare your loss to someone elses.  It may seem tough but it's like comparing apples and oranges.   Keep up the good work.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
camalamb
on 2/24/08 8:07 am - Greenville, SC
Thanks For the encouragement Scott I will definitely keep it up  i know the end results will be good.
Earl C.
on 2/24/08 11:19 am - Circleville, OH
I just have to ask, because I've seen similar post to this on the men's board and I totally can't understand the logic.  I saw you already let Scott know you'll keep it up, that's good to hear. I'm just trying to understand the thinking. Do you really think exercising less will speed up your weight loss? Earl
camalamb
on 2/24/08 11:30 am - Greenville, SC
LOL, of course not I guess though when you consider logic you don't actually think that increased exercise will slow you down. But apparently based on what I've read and other replies to my post at least temporarily it can. Mostly I was just venting I plan to keep up the work out 5x a week for 40 min until I can build up to at least 60min. But thank you Earl for making me laugh at myself I think sometimes we all need that.
Earl C.
on 2/24/08 12:01 pm - Circleville, OH
I'm glad I could make you laugh.  You're doing great btw. Keep it up. You've lost more than I did the first 3 months. Good luck Earl
camalamb
on 2/24/08 12:29 pm - Greenville, SC
Thanks Earl I'll be sure to keep u updated with results
Most Active