Spirit of the Marathon Movie

kypdurran
on 2/21/08 11:09 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

I couldn't have seen this movie at a more perfect time.   I'm less than 2 days away from losing my marathon virginity and I had the distinct pleasure of seeing the movie last night.   How very inspiring it was and I absolutely recommend it for anyone that may be training for a marathon or even someone that just wants to run.   It's a 'feel-good' kinda movie and with some great stories.

My favorite quote from the movie?   "When you cross the finish line of a marathon it will change your life forever."   We shall see on Sunday at around 11AM when I cross that line after 4 hours of constant motion.  :)

Scott William
on 2/21/08 11:19 pm
I must say that it was a good one.  I can't wait for it to come out on VHS or laser disc.    My favorite part was when the older guy was talking about improving his time.  When you are his age it shouldn't matter but I can see how it does.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Deanna34
on 2/21/08 11:58 pm - Salem, OR
I saw it last night too!  It was awesome!!! My favorite line was when the older gentleman said that it doesn't matter how slow your pace is, you're still following in the footsteps of all the elite runners ahead of you.  You're all following the same path.  Loved it! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Kevin A.
on 2/22/08 12:09 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great movie! I can't wait!! 9 days until my marathon!!!

The shot over start of the marathon with the over 20 thousands runners!! Wow!! Amazing!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 2/22/08 12:57 am - Long Island, NY
I saw it last night and it brought tears to my eyes!  It was so inspirational!  How great that you got to see it 2 days before your first marathon.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

kimbob
on 2/24/08 11:33 am - Richardson, TX

I saw it too and it was GREAT!  I took my daughter, who was less than thrilled to see a movie on a marathon, and afterwards she was wondering when we were going to start our training.  She's only 13, and can't enter a marathon until she's at least 16, but she can do some 5k's with me.  I have been REALLY lazy and haven't been excercising at all.  I feel like a Marathon is just a pipe-dream for me.  I need some motivation.  I want to enter the White Rock Marathon, which is a marathon in Dallas, in December but I can't run 2 minutes.

Most Active