Thursday Workout

Rob S.
on 2/21/08 10:26 pm - DE
So Thursday night I went to the "Spirit of the Marathon".  It was fabulous.  When they pan out over the crowd at the start of the Chicago Marathon it literally sends chills down your spine.  It was inspirational.   I felt for every runner they showed in the movie, and really wanted to be a part of it.  I was totally drained emotionally by the end of the movie. (I know, what a wimp). So after the movie, I got home at 9:30p, and felt like I was too keyed up to go to bed.  So I did something that I have never done.  I proceeded to run to the movie theatre and back home, a total of six and a half miles in the dark.  I have run the distance before just never in the dark.  It just felt so good to move.  Now I need to get into some serious training for my first half-marathon in three weeks. Rob

Spirit of the Marathon is the first ever non-fiction feature film to capture the drama and essence of the famed 26.2 mile running event. Filmed on four continents, the movie brings together a diverse cast of amateur athletes and marathon luminaries. As six unique stories unfold, each runner prepares for and ultimately faces the challenge of the Chicago Marathon. More than a sports movie, Spirit of the Marathon is an inspirational journey of perseverance and personal triumph; a spectacle that will be embraced by runners and non-runners alike.

Kevin A.
on 2/22/08 12:12 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great job Dan!!

Weights- Abs, Chest & Back!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active