Wednesday~Workouts~

Kevin A.
on 2/20/08 12:17 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Ok I'll get this started?? I guess my east coast friends have not woke up yet!!

Abs, Shoulders, Arms & 45 minute spinning class!! It was a good workout this morning!!

On a good note I hit a new low today 222lbs!! Now if I can hold on to this weight and get a little lower I can finally hit my goal of 220lbs!! I been so close for about 3 months now!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Dan_P.
on 2/20/08 12:55 am - Baltimore, MD

Congrats on the new low! 25 minutes of running for me today. A recovery week in the triathlon training program.

Sporty Jill
on 2/20/08 2:02 am - Norfolk, VA

WOW!  That's awesome!  I wish I could say that I was losing, but am not...I'm gaining.  Not sure why, but it is VERY frustrating!

Anyways...today is kinda...sorta...a rest day for me, I have dance class tonight for 2 hours.  It's not constant moving for the 2 hours, but quite a bit of it is moving, yoga/pilates/ballets type moves....

Enjoy your day!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

liz A.
on 2/20/08 2:40 am

when I was at the gym last night I ran into my friend (who is supposed to run the 5k with me)

he asked if I have been losing any weight (he knows its a goal of  mine)  I said nope....nothing yet. & havent retaken my measurements again...I'm waiting a month.  I asked if he's lost or doing whatever he's trying to do.  he has lost weight.  (jerk)

so today I made an appt with the exercise guy from my surgeons office so I can get the scoop on what I'm doing well, what can be improved, etc.  I'm looking forward to it!  I dont want to just be spinning my wheels.  I'm results driven

liz A.
on 2/20/08 8:23 am
30 min elliptical. my knees kind of hurt today.
KTBee
on 2/20/08 8:42 am
Good for you Kevin!   I am not losing.  I have actually gained 9 pounds since having to take prednisone steroids for a wicked sinus infection.  I had to do two rounds of steroids and shots.  I just finished the steroids and now I am hungry all the time for the first time since surgery.  Yikes. Today I did an overall weight training workout for an hour and 15 minutes.  I had a hard time keeping my heart rate in the zone.  It kept falling lower than I wanted it.  I really had to work at it.   I am pleased to be able to move up some more on weight though. Katy B
janiej
on 2/20/08 9:45 am - Independence, IA
I needed to have gotten up earlier, but I did 30 min on the eliptical and 30 min on the treadmill, 100 crunches, leg lifts and "butt" work and also side bends.  I need to work on my "middle aged middle" LOL Oh happy day -- it's Iowa and cold again...it was only 10 below when I went to work out this am.
Janie 
Earl C.
on 2/20/08 10:11 am - Circleville, OH
Awesome Kevin. I haven't seen 222 since I was in 5th grade. Wed Before work spent about 1.5 hours shoveling snow...talk about functional training. 8 pm to 9 pm @ work gym Before warm up Incl DB Press 60# x 12 x 10 x 9 x 6 (time to change exercise and lower weights in this little experiment) warm up 10 min Speed bench with mini bands 1 Arm DB Press 1 Arm DB Lateral superset Wide Grip Pulldowns Cybex Narrow Row superset Straight Arm Pulldowns Rope Pulls to face Earl If you're talking, you're not training.
Linn D.
on 2/20/08 11:13 am - Missoula, MT
Did my Wednesday speed workout on the treadmill: 5 min walk to warm up 10 min at 6.3 7.2 for 5 min 6.3 for 2 min 7.2 for 5 min 6.3 for 3 min 7.0 for 5 min (was getting pretty tired by then, couldn't do the 5 at 7.2) 6.3 for 2 min 7.2 for 5 min 6.3 for 5 min 5 min walk to cool down About 4.6 miles run in 41 min Boy was I red-faced when done!  I don't usually exercise in the afternoon and the gym was VERY warm. Linn
Deanna34
on 2/20/08 11:59 pm - Salem, OR
Morning:  1 hour Group Power weight training class Evening:  3 mile run (1 mile warmup run, 1 mile speed intervals, 1 mile cooldown run), and then a 1 mile walk Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active