Saturday workout!

Rob S.
on 2/16/08 10:00 am - DE

It was cold this morning, but once we got rolling, it warmed up quick.  I ran seven miles in 64 minutes, no breaks.  A couple of times when we had gone up some fairly intense hills I thought that I would walk when I got to the top, but my partner egged me into maintaining the pace.  I think I'm ready for the half now, although I still need to wait another three weeks. Rob

MaryS
on 2/16/08 7:44 pm - Long Island, NY
Rob, You are doing great!  I wish I could get some of your speed.  My goal, now that I am back running, is to work on my speed. Yesterday my workout was 7 hours of shopping at the outlets. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 2/16/08 9:57 pm
After 2 miles working indoors with the new runners, my partner and I went outside for our 8-miler.  It was my first bad run in some time.  But, I slowed down and kept plugging along.  I think my shoes are shot, so I promptly went to the Sneaker Store and picked up a new pair of Brooks. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Deanna34
on 2/17/08 7:02 am - Salem, OR
I didn't do any formal exercise.  But we took our kids to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and walked around all afternoon.  My husband kept complaining that his feet were hurting and I'm thinking "Hee, hee, mine aren't!"  Before surgery I would have sat down on every bench that I saw!  My only problem now is that I'm freezing cold all the time and I couldn't warm back up.  But it was a nice day! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

MaryS
on 2/18/08 7:10 am - Long Island, NY
Isn't it great to be able to go and go and not have your feet hurt, or need to sit down at every chance? It is so wonderful that we are all out there running, biking, etc. but it is the ability to do things in our day to day lives that is the true blessing of this surgery.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 2/18/08 1:04 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great run Rob!! You are so ready for that 1/2 marathon!!

I had to take some days off from running. I cought something that had me in bed for 3 days!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 2/18/08 9:01 pm - DE
Hey Kevin, Get well quick.  You can't afford to be down now with your big marathon coming up.  Good luck and hope your up and about soon. Rob
Most Active