Just wanted to introduce myself

frueta
on 2/15/08 12:26 am
Hello Everybody, my name is Laurie and I recently came across this board.  I had surgery in January of 2006 and ran the Marine Corps Marathon this past October.  After running the marathon and the cold New England weather I have not been motivated to run a lot.  I thought I would stop lurking and offer any help or suggestions to people who are running and maybe this can also motivate and help me.  I just bought a bike and hope to start training for mini triathalons soon. 
liz A.
on 2/15/08 1:29 am
hi Laurie!
Deanna34
on 2/15/08 3:09 am - Salem, OR
Hi Laurie! Great job running a marathon!  How was it? My ultimate goal is to run a marathon too.  But right now I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in June.   Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 2/15/08 3:34 am
Hello there.  It's nice to make your aquaintance.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Cassie W.
on 2/15/08 9:38 am
Welcome Laurie.  What did you think of Marine Corps?  It's on my list to do some day.  I'm from Central New York, so I know about those cold winter days. I ran Philadelphia in November '07 and  the Disney half in January, so that kept me running right through the cold and snow.  Now, I'm training for the Buffalo Marathon in May and am so relieved to see the daylight hours growing longer. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

frueta
on 2/16/08 5:26 am
Hi Cassie, The Marine Corps was a great race, the crowd was awesome.  Two things that I didn't like was after the race it was very hard to find a taxi or get on a train to go back to the hotel or wherever you needed to go.  Also, I don't know if there is a correct term for this but a lof of U turns where you would be running in one direction for what would seem like forever and then just do a U turn and go back in the other direction.
MaryS
on 2/15/08 6:55 pm - Long Island, NY
Hi Laurie, You are in good company here - there are lots of runners! I ran the NYC marathon in November. I am just getting back to running after a 7 week layoff after surgery. Good luck with the triathlon training. If I was even a decent swimmer I'd love to do a triathlon. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 2/19/08 3:17 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hi Laurie!!

Welcome to our crazy workout world!! In 12 day I'm running the L.A. marathon!! I can't wait!! 6 months of training I ready to feel the thrill of the race!!

Best Wishes!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
frueta
on 2/20/08 6:31 am
Kevin, its the best feeling in the world- good luck!
Most Active