Wednesday's workout

Earl C.
on 2/13/08 9:26 am - Circleville, OH
1 pm to 1:40 pm @ barbell Club Incl DB Press 4 sets x 15 reps - 45# DBs (experiment still appears to be working) 10 min warm up Box squats with bands Light Good Mornings  just bar and band tension 7:30 pm @ work gym 20 min walk on treadmill Earl

If your only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

liz A.
on 2/13/08 11:22 am
20 elliptical holding steady at 47 min on tread running/walking
KTBee
on 2/13/08 2:40 pm
Great job Earl! I warmed up for  15 minutes and then I did 3 sets of total body workout weight lifting (1hour) and finished up with 2 miles cardio walk. I was shocked to find that I have gotten so flexible that I can stand with legs locked and put my palms flat on the floor!   Katy
Rob S.
on 2/13/08 8:43 pm - DE
90-minute spinning class.  Fast and furious.  I instructed the class on a 15-minute hill chase.   There were puddles forming around all the bikes.   Rob
MaryS
on 2/13/08 9:36 pm - Long Island, NY
I did a total of about 40 minutes on the treadmill, including a 2 miles run inbetween my warm-up and cool down.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Deanna34
on 2/14/08 12:49 am - Salem, OR
Wednesday morning:  60 minute Group Power weight lifting class Wednesday evening:  I was planning to run 3 miles.  However, my husband and I decided to play a quick game of ping pong at the gym when we got there and I managed to pull a muscle in the middle of my right butt cheek when I bent down to pick up the ping pong ball.  Lovely!  So instead of running, I opted to put in 30 minutes on the elliptical.  My butt was hurting so bad!   Needless to say, today will be a rest day for me.  Ugh! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

liz A.
on 2/14/08 2:50 am
I'm sorry but
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 1:30 am - Miramar Beach, FL
50" spinning for me.  Tough, interval class, sweatin' buckets!  Love it, but I wanna take Rob's class.   My gym is focusing way too much on the new spinners.  After the first of the year, they designated several of the already-scheduled classes on the calendar as "beginner Spinning" classes, and took out all the hour-long classes (because they might be too intimidating for new Spinners).  What about those of us who've been coming regularly and want more of a challenge?  Tami
Rob S.
on 2/14/08 3:27 am - DE
Actually we have a lot of fun in the classes.  I co-instruct about four classes a month.  Most of our classes run 55" but we have at least one 90-minute ride a month.  While our main instructor is getting the newbies fitted and started on their bikes, I usually get the rest of the class headed off and up the hill.  When we near the hour mark, I take those staying on, while Kathy helps the others decompress so they get off their bikes.  This method seems to satisfy the avid spinners and the beginners.  Maybe you could work with some of your instructors to let them know about your frustration.  Good luck, but keep spinning.  (BTW, valenines spin tonight). Rob
Most Active