Workout plan

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/08 6:18 am - Southlake, TX
Does anyone know a good plan that I can look at on the internet for my new daily workout regiment?  My wife and I belong to a club and evertime I go, I just don't know what is the best to maximize my workout.....cardio, fat burning, weights, pilates, stair stepper, eliptical, blah blah blah...I just get so darn confused.  I would like to target about an hour a day. I guess I could get a trainer to spend an hour with me, but I am cheap.  I would rather save my $100 and reach out to OH!  
Earl C.
on 2/12/08 10:20 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Andrew, It's definitely confusing. That's why you won't get a lot of replies to these questions. It's just too involved.  The secret is to just pick one source at first and stick to that source. If you start reading every magazine and website it's confusing because there's more than one correct answer. Here are some good resources for beginners. Look them over and just pick one and start. Starting is the hard part. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workoutdatabase.htm http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp Good luck Earl
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/08 10:58 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Does your gym have Body Pump or Group Power strength classes?  I love those kinds of classes, because you get the benefits of working with a trainer (to show you proper form, and to encourage your progress) without additional cost beyond the membership fees.  Plus, you get to know other people in the class, and it's fun.  The exercises are basic barbell exercises that you'd do in the gym, targeting all the muscle groups, and coreographed to upbeat music.  My only complaint is that sometimes the pace is too fast for heavier weights, but I just adapt by going a bit slower, or sometimes dropping my weight.  After doing those classes for a few months, I can walk into any gym, pick up a barbell and/or dumbells, and I know exactly what to do to get a good, basic strength workout.   Tami
Most Active