First Half Marathon

dnw0523
on 2/11/08 2:55 am - kensington, Canada
I ran my first half marathon this weekend.It was the "Hypothermic Half" in Moncton,New Brunswick.The weather actually turned out not too bad. Iwas just praying for no winds.And I guess someone was listening cause it was a fairly calm day for winter in the Maritimes. My original goal was 2 hours and 30 minutes.I ended up having some training issues and didn't get my last few long runs in and had to cross train in the pool for a couple of weeks.So my longest run was 15k before the race.At that point my goal switchd to just finishing the race.I decided to just give it my best and if I didn't finish that there would always be another one.Guess what?Not only did I finish but I bet my original goal.I finished at 2hours and 27minutes! Not bad for 6 months post-op. I want to thank all you guys and gals who post on this site.Reading about all of your accomplishments is a real inspiration and motivator. I know in the future I WILL have more accomplishments to share and can't  wait to hear about everyone elses. Cheers, Donna I did posts a couple of pictures on my profile
Kevin A.
on 2/11/08 4:44 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Wow!! It looks cold out there!! Great job!!You should be very proud!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Linn D.
on 2/11/08 7:12 am - Missoula, MT
Congratulations Donna!!! I checked out your other photos and you must be very proud of yourself.  Running is such a great way to help lose and keep of the weight. It only gets better the longer you keep at it! Linn
Deanna34
on 2/11/08 7:24 am - Salem, OR
Great job, Donna!!  Awesome finish time, by the way!  You did GREAT! Those pictures sure make me cold though! Brrrr! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 2/11/08 9:35 am - DE
Great job.  I couldn't have imagined running my first couple of years after surgery.  Keep up the good work. Rob
MaryS
on 2/11/08 9:53 pm - Long Island, NY
Donna, Congratulations!  Great job. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Sporty Jill
on 2/12/08 4:05 am - Norfolk, VA

I am SO happy for you!!!!!  This is TOTALLY cool!

I'm running my 1st in Aug (Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon) and will be running the Shamrock 8K next month - your story inspires me!

Thanks!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Cassie W.
on 2/12/08 10:15 am
That's an amazing accomplishment so soon after surgery and a great time for your first half marathon.  Congratulations! Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active