Need a Gym recommendation!

Born Swimmer
on 2/8/08 8:21 am - Sunny, FL
Ok... so I just moved to a very large city!  I am having a hard time finding a gym that I like.  I was wondering if anyone knows of an online search engine that lists gyms or anything like that?  I don't have a phone book yet and searching online thus far as not been successful! Thank you!

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/08 1:18 pm - Miramar Beach, FL
Hi Alyssa!  I can't help with the search engine, but I just wanted to mention that when you do track down some local gyms, make sure you ask for a free week to try the facility.  Most will give you that, and it's a great way to try them out before you commit. And don't buy the sales tactic that most of them try, "this offer is only good if you sign up today".  Baloney.  I was told that by two different gyms (which really ticked me off), and told both I was not prepared to make a decision yet.  When I called back later, the offers stood.  I finally settled on the one that is closest to my home.  It's more pricey, but I figured that I'm more likely to use it if it's conventient.  Tami
Born Swimmer
on 2/11/08 12:23 am - Sunny, FL
Hey Tami!  FIrst off, I just love your new avatar!  You rock! Gyms.... grrrrrrrrr!  Because of the area of FL I live in (warm most of the time), most places have outdoor pools, most people in this area have their own pools, apartments have outdoor pools, etc.  So... I can't find a gym that has a pool.  I went to one that is women only (not my thing) and the pool is just a glorified hot tub.  I have problems with exercise and the more active I am it aggrivates my bladder.... so I was hoping swimming would be ok.... but I can't find a place that has a pool!  I can't use the outside pools (1. I burn like crazy especially since I am on 2 meds that increase the burning; 2. they close the pools at dusk and I am never off campus at that time).  I found a country club that has a nice pool, but it is $130/month which is a whole heck of a lot more money that I used to pay for a gym I was in love with (before I moved).  Sigh... just having a hard time finding a gym.

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

Most Active