Friday workout ...

Deanna34
on 2/8/08 3:30 am - Salem, OR

Calling all exercise fiends ... what have you done today to make YOU feel proud??? I went to a 60 minute weight lifting class and increased my weights.  Then I spent 30 minutes on a cross training program on the elliptical.  Woo hoo!   Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

liz A.
on 2/8/08 4:06 am

I officially signed up for my first 5k.  *faints*

(I am working out after work tonight.)

Deanna34
on 2/8/08 4:50 am - Salem, OR
Hurray!  So, when is the 5K?  Are you doing it by yourself or with someone else?  You will LOVE it!   Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

Brian Meiers
on 2/8/08 5:04 am - SF Bay Area, CA
RNY on 08/18/04 with
YAY!! Wish you the best! Brian
Linn D.
on 2/8/08 10:51 am - Missoula, MT
Good for you! It's a pretty powerful feeling when you make that commitment!  You'll do great! Linn
Brian Meiers
on 2/8/08 5:05 am - SF Bay Area, CA
RNY on 08/18/04 with
Easy day with an hour spin in beautiful weather!!
Kevin A.
on 2/8/08 6:00 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
45 min. Spin Class!!! Weights- arms!! Plan on going back after work to finish arm & shoulders!!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 2/8/08 7:07 am - DE

Just got back from a workout session at the gym.  It was a fast hour of body pump session.  The fact that I got to the gym was significant since I hate Friday night traffic. BTW, good job on increasing the weights.  I still feel kind of wimpy sometimes. Rob

Deanna34
on 2/8/08 7:19 am - Salem, OR
Hi Rob! Good job for dragging yourself to the gym!  Way to go!  My most difficult time is my weekend long run ... it's hard to force myself out of bed on a cold, rainy day! Hey, I have a question for you ... is your Body Pump class the type of class where everyone has their own benches and weights and you add weights for different tracks and it's all set to music?  That is why my "Group Power" class is ... but what to you classify that as when you are looking it up to figure out how many calories you burned?  Because it's not the typical weight training in the weight room.  And it's not circuit training either. What the heck is it?  Ha, ha! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

KTBee
on 2/8/08 8:49 am
I am particularly proud of my particularly challenging workout today.  I did an hour and twenty of intense weight work/strength training working every muscle possible and followed it with a brisk 2 mile jog/ walk.   I am ready to crash for the night and it isn't even 7 pm.  LOL Katy B
Most Active