Question for runners ...

MaryS
on 2/7/08 10:10 am - Long Island, NY
I do like the shorts, I was able to carry plenty of gels and my phone without any problems.  I would say they run pretty much on true to size, but they are somewhat fitted so if you like a looser style short you might want to go up a size.  I was wearing a medium nike short most of the summer that was loose fitter, so I was a little surpised by the close fit of the medium.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 2/7/08 9:19 am - DE

Hi Deanna, I looked at all the options and none of them seemed particularly exciting.  The one I have settled on works real well.  My running partner carries my water bottle for me.  I must admit my longest run is only ten miles, which really doesn't require more than 10 oz. of water to kee  p me hydrated.  I don't bother with gel packs yet.  Most trainers will tell you until you get over sixty minutes you don't really need to worry about supplements.  I do keep Clytomax at the end of the run to gulp down for a quick recovery (I can't handle Gatorade or Accelerade--too much sugar). My friend (coach) carries a tight-fitting fanny pack with her and she doesn't have much a problem.  Good luck with your investigation and keep us posted. Rob 

Kevin A.
on 2/7/08 2:13 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Wow!! I sure was not expecting talk about bouncing boobs!!

I started running with just a water bottle and a hand strap but since I'll be out running for 6 hours plus I wanted to be hands free. But like everyone I worryed about being tied down with bouncing water belts.. But once I tryed a few belts on they really give nice back support while you run.

I ended up buying the Full-Tilt Velocity!! The smaller bottles were too hard to clamp in place and the last thing I want to do is lose my water bottles on marathon day!! Also I like back support it gives me and it so simple. But looking at there website I would love to have the Full-Tilt 20-20 because I would like to have a option of drinking a sports drinks or water!! I may have to but that one too!! Who ever said running was a cheap sport was not a runner!!!

http://www.amphipod.com/overview/overview.html

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 2/7/08 8:11 pm - DE
Thanks for the tip, Kevin.  I just ordered one.  I'll have to see how my training partner like wearing it for me (LOL). Rob
Kevin A.
on 2/7/08 11:52 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
No problem!!

Which one did you order??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Rob S.
on 2/8/08 12:08 am - DE
Full-Tilt 20-20.  It set me back a pretty penny, but I think it will be worth it in the long run (LOL) Rob
Kevin A.
on 2/8/08 12:40 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Now I'm really jealous!! You got the water belt I want and someone to carry it for you!! Let me know how you like it!!
Molly Mae
on 2/8/08 12:18 am - WA
LOL...oh yeah Kevin, we got it all for you here, lol!
Kevin A.
on 2/8/08 12:43 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thank you!! I can close my eyes and just imagine!!
Amanda K.
on 2/9/08 9:52 am - Leesburg, VA
Hey!! AIDS MARATHONER!!! I did my First marathon with AIDS Marathon pre WLS back in 2004. I ran the Honolulu Marathon. Which one are you training for!?  I wish they would come back to DC, but the good ol gvt and other obstacles, forced Whitman Walker to close their doors here in DC.  It was a sad event...
 Amanda  

Most Active