Marathon Movie ...

Deanna34
on 2/6/08 6:32 am - Salem, OR
I'm sooooo excited ... they're doing an encore showing of the Spirit of the Marathon movie!  I couldn't go to the first one but I just bought myself a ticket to the encore showing.  I'm going to go by myself because I don't know anyone else anywhere near as excited as I am to watch a movie about marathons!  Ha, ha!   Anyway, it's showing again on February 21st if anyone else is interested in seeing it.  I know a few of you caught the first showing ... I hope it's worth seeing! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Molly Mae
on 2/6/08 7:32 am - WA
Cool! YOu are among friends here. We understand your obsessions, LOL! Have fun!
Rob S.
on 2/6/08 9:34 am - DE
Hey Deanna, I'll be there.  I'm going by myself also, because my wife can't understand how I can sit through two hours of watching people running.  OK, if your looking for me, I'll be in the fourth aisle.  Oh yeah, I'll be at a theatre in Wilmington, DE so I guess we'll be on opposite coasts. I haven't been to a movie in ages so it should be exciting. Rob
Kevin A.
on 2/6/08 12:33 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Well tell your husbands or wifes that the movie is more than about running. It more about how running has chanced people's lives!! In many ways just like us!! They may get a greater understanding why people run marathons!!

I give it!! and bring some tissues!!

Not me of course!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Scott William
on 2/6/08 1:35 pm
I could be wrong but if you can talk someone in to going, I think they would like it.  Of course we get it more but the story is good.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 2/6/08 9:20 pm - Long Island, NY
Thanks for the reminder, I was planning to catch the encore.  I need to go and get my tickets!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/08 5:32 am
I missed it at first too, I was so excited to see it was playing again! I plan on going, just need to get a ticket. Thanks for the reminder - I had it in the back of my head to buy a ticket but just hadn't done it yet. Now you have gotten me excited about it again!  
Most Active