hi hi hi

liz A.
on 2/2/08 8:31 am
just saw this board, & trying to (re)add exercise back into my routine.  I have gained a smidge & am working to correct that & feel good about myself that I know I feel when exercising.... looking forward to getting to know some people on here & hopefully keep myself accountable too  lemon out.   :)
Scott William
on 2/2/08 1:30 pm
Welcome.  There are many here willing to lend a hand. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
liz A.
on 2/3/08 7:50 am
hi scott, thanks.  
Deanna34
on 2/3/08 7:43 am - Salem, OR
Welcome aboard!  Before long you'll be addicted to running like the rest of us!  Ha, ha! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

liz A.
on 2/3/08 7:49 am
hi, thanks! I hope to be...I'm trying to run my very first 5k this spring.  I'm a little nervous! 
Deanna34
on 2/4/08 12:11 am - Salem, OR
Cool!  Did you sign up for the 5K yet?  When is it? A year ago I signed up for my first 5K and since then I've ran eight 5Ks, two 10Ks, and an 8K trail run.  I am loving it!  I figure if I keep signing up for these races, it keeps me training for them.  I signed up for a half marathon in June this year and I'm terrified!  I am by no means a fast runner but I figure I can take is slow and steady and walk a couple times and at least I will cross that finish line! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

liz A.
on 2/4/08 3:58 am

its May 10....I was late in deciding I want to do this...I hope its enough time to train(???)  I went to sign up & they want me to pay....sooooooooo...I have to wait tiill payday.  kinda didnt think about a registration fee....der.. 

Deanna34
on 2/4/08 5:39 am - Salem, OR
Hee, hee, I had to chuckle!  Paying the registration is key for me!  That forces me into being committed ... if I pay for it, I HAVE TO DO IT!  Otherwise I'm out that money!   You should be ready for May.  I signed up for my first 5K in January and ran it the first weekend of April.  And I survived!  And was darn proud too!   How much are you running now?   Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

Rob S.
on 2/3/08 8:03 am - DE
Welcome aboard.  You'll find quite an amazing group of people at this forum.  Some crazy, almost all very dedicated, and everyone is very accountable! Rob
liz A.
on 2/4/08 3:59 am

good.  that is just what I need. 

thanks!

Most Active