Running is Contagious

Cassie W.
on 1/28/08 8:18 am
When I started running in March 2007, my husband laced up his running shoes for the first time in 20 years. Now my boys - ages 10 and 12 -  want to run, too.  They've decided to join the same training program that fostered my addiction.  So, gastric bypass has not only changed my life, it's had a positive impact on my whole family.  I'm looking forward to the day that we cross the finish line for the first time as a family.  Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 1/28/08 10:18 am - Long Island, NY
Cassie, That is so great!  I'd love for my husband to run with me, but he really has no interest in running.  You are a wonderful example for your family! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Dan_P.
on 1/28/08 11:53 pm - Baltimore, MD
I was just thinking about this the other day. I've got a few friends who have either picked it back up or are accepting new challenges based on my constantly yammering on about it. I hope the kids will be into it when they get a bit older. Cheers!
Scott William
on 1/29/08 2:11 am
Congrats.  I am glad it is working well for your family. I try to get my son into it and he is all for it until the race actually starts.  Then the melt down comes.  I wish you more luck than I have.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Dan_P.
on 1/29/08 2:39 am - Baltimore, MD
Scott. Does he get caught up in winning and losing? Is that the source of the meltdown? I'm interested because I've got little one's as well. Thanks. -Dan
Most Active