Need Supportive Sports Bra

eliza1128
on 1/27/08 11:09 pm - Little Rock, AR

I need a supportive sports bra.  Anyone know of any good ones?  I run, so I really need them to stay put! 

Thanks,

Eliza

donnainhouston
on 1/28/08 3:06 am, edited 1/28/08 3:06 am - League City, TX

The best sports bra I have ever found is "E-nell".  You can purchase them at enell.com They are, however, pricey, but if you are wanting to protect "the girls" they are so worth the investment.  These are best for anyone doing high-impact activities.  They also make a "light" version for activites of less impact. I've purchased a couple brand new, but I've also lucked out finding factory 2nds on Ebay for less cost.  The 2nds I received had some snags in the satin, or slight discoloration -- nothing that would take away from the wearability or functionality. Hope this works for you! Donna

Mamaz2ndbaby
on 1/28/08 8:30 am
Donna, THANK YOU so much for this information...you just don't know how useful this is. 
KTBee
on 1/28/08 9:42 am
Hi Eliza! I agree with Donna about Enell.  But I also will wear a support bra and then put a cheaper brand sports bra over it.  It works pretty well but not as good as the Enell. Katy B
Linn D.
on 1/28/08 11:19 am - Missoula, MT

Eliza, I've never used the Enell bras, but the Hind Motion Sensor bras are what I use.  You order them in actual bra and cup size also and I don't think they cost quite as much.  I often use them under a sport top that has a shelf bra and I rarely get sores. I often get sores under my breasts after longer runs, and this combination works well for me.  These bras also look more natural to me than the Enell does.  I guess it's a matter of taste, of comfort,  and of what you need and are comfortable in.  Personally, I like the colors I can get in the Hind bras. Linn

Deanna34
on 1/28/08 11:34 pm - Salem, OR
I've tried the Enell bra and I hated it.  I wear a size 34DDD or 34G and the Enell bra doesn't accomodate a smaller rib cage and larger cup size.  By the time I had it big enough to squeeze into the cups, the size around the ribs was way too large.  This bra will smash things flat as can be so you will not have a rounded look to your cups! I have a Glamorize front hook sports bra that works really well.  If you layer a tight fitting tank top with built in sports bra over the top of it, it does very well for holding things in place while you run.   I also have  a Goddess® X-Static Anti-Microbial Cup Sports Bra (you can buy it online at jcpenneys.com) and I like that one too.   Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 1/29/08 2:13 am
I need a stomach bra!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 1/29/08 5:44 am - Missoula, MT
Too funny, Scott!  Don't we all!  Linn
KTBee
on 1/29/08 11:15 am
Now Scott, if you invent one.....I am sure it would be profitable! LOL KaTY b
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/08 10:30 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I recently found a sports bras that I like by Lily of France.  It has an underwire, which I've never worn before, but it's very comfortable and pretty supportive.  I bought it as Kohls - about $20 on sale.  I don't run, so can attest to how well it would hold the girls in place while running.  I wear a 38DD and it's hard to find a decent sports bra.  Good luck finding something that works for you -  Kellie
Most Active