Mommy Tummy?

Mom2ItalianGirls
on 1/17/08 12:45 pm - Alabaster, AL
Hi everyone!  I am new to this board. I have a question for you seasoned moms who have successfully lost your "mommy tummy" without surgery. What I am calling mommy tummy is the bulge that lingers and hangs below the belly button and almost makes a curvy smile from hip to hip.  Most c-section delivery moms who I know have it too. What is the most effective way to work off that fat that just doesn't want to go away. Here are my challenges: Post 2 c-sections so those area muscles have been severed. I have a lap-band so I have to be careful of the port. Any suggestions? Thanks, Nanci

Afterism (n) - A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.

Deanna34
on 1/18/08 2:53 am - Salem, OR
Hi Nanci! I also had 2 c-sections and I've exercised religiously since I had my RNY 1 1/2 years ago ... I still have a HUGE amount of skin in that particular area you mentioned.  I have done all sorts of exercises and honestly, nothing has helped.  It just needs to be surgically removed.  Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for this so I'm hoping some miracle like winning the lottery will help me!  Ha, ha! Anyway, I know exactly what you're talking about and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  It annoys me but I have to live with it at this point! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 1/18/08 9:30 am - Missoula, MT
Hi Nanci, I never lost my tummy, and I didn't have a c-section.  The biggest problem with the bulge is that the muscles really are damaged and that can't be fixed without plastic surgery.  I run a lot and that in itself strengthens the core, but I still (after 4 years) have boobs that hang, a belly button that frowns, and my ass hangs out of my underwear.  No amount of exercising will change that because it's a skin problem.  I'd still rather have these problems than the ones I had when I was 90 pounds heavier. Sorry I wasn't of much help, but best of luck to you on your journey. Linn
Most Active