What is the best exercise for my ABS?

Sharese Smith
on 1/17/08 2:25 am
What is the best exercise for my ABS?

wjoegreen
on 1/17/08 4:58 am - Colonial Heights, VA
With surgery in Nov 07; walking.   Your incision(s) need time to heal. After your surgeon releases you then you can partake safely in other things that interest you. I would concentrate more on toning aerobic stuff than anaerobic muscle specific stuff at first and as you get stronger and more energetic you can pick up the pace.  There is a ton of options and its all a matter of what will you do rather than whats best.  There are situp and crunches, the bean, yoga, natilus and other type weight machines, leg lifts, bicycling, walking, jogging, swimming, spinning, ellipticals...... Stuff that works your legs usually works you lower abs too.  Stuff that works your upper body usually impacts you upper abs.  So bide your time and when you are physically ready and, find something that you are interested in and most likely to stay with and go for it.  Your interestes may take yo places you never imagined as you get thinner, stronger, and faster.  Why just running from the herds of male admirers,...or chasing them will have an impact. Keep up posted on your progress and successes. Joe  
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/08 11:32 am - Central, AZ
Hi Sharese, I do crunches as part of a stretch routine, starting with regular crunches than bicycle crunches and finally twisting crunches.  A good overall routine, I think. Lynn
Chris G.
on 1/23/08 3:40 am
There are tons of exercises for your abs, so once your MD clears you, you can try these. Crunches aren't the only exercise for your abs, as there are broom twists, leg raises, hanging leg raises, dumbbell side bends, the plank (regular and side), pushup variations (yes, different types of pushups can also work your core), and situps and crunches also work wonders. Hope this helps!
Most Active