HELP!!! Running experts

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/08 12:22 am - Prosper, TX
I have injured my foot by running one time.  I am 3.5 months out from RNY, and decided that I would try running.  I went to the local HS track and started out walking and progressed to fast walk then running on the straight of ways. It hurts on the top almost in the middle or more towards my little toe.  I have been nursing it for over a week.  It also swells some.  Any ideas?  I had read a lot of stuff on various things in internet, but none fo them seem to pertain to me.  I just thought that maybe it could be something common that happens to inexperiened people that don't know what they are doing.(that's me) P.S.  Hurts really bad with no shoes on and while wearing flat shoes. Thanks for the help.
wjoegreen
on 1/16/08 12:59 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Sounds like an internal bone spur or inflammed muscle.  Worst case you might benefit from a cortisone shot or an antibiotic but I would start with 800-1200 mg of Ibueprofen (bad spelling) which is a muscular anti-inflammatory at that dosage. It sounds like you just did way too much early on and injuried yourself.  With the swelling you mentioned, it is really smart to have a doctor see it and maybe get an x-ray.  With your history, a fracture isn't out of the question and a bone spur is bone related and may be visible if they do multiple angles.  The spur can rub and irriated the muscle and the muscle can become infected, all possibilities. Good luck with that and just restart less ambitious once you heal.  Go till tired, not exhausted.  Teh progress will come.  I want it too much too fast myself so I can understand you enthusiam. Joe 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active