what to expect from Fitness eval

inofwls
on 1/14/08 4:44 am
I decided to get serious about my fitness, to date I have lost 122lb I have 19lbs I need to lose to get to my personal goal of 128lbs.  My goals with this trianer is, to get my body toned, increase cardio strength, and to increase over-all health. Tomorrow the trainer will give me a fitness evaluation, I am afraid, I may look like a embicle.  Please let me know what to expect, thank you in advance.

-Maryama

"Beauty is not in the face, Beauty is a light in the heart"
          -Khalil Gibran

2fit2quit
on 1/14/08 5:42 am, edited 1/14/08 5:44 am - MI

You won’t look like an imbecile.   The eval is actually pretty easy.  The trainer will do things like body fat estimates heart rates both resting and after some form of very simple exercise like stepping up on to a step and back down for a few minutes.  He will check your flexibility and estimate your level of strength. Don’t forget, this person is a professional. He/she won’t even be thinking about what you look like while doing the eval other then to see what needs work.

The eval is an awesome tool.  It’s the picture of you before you start.  This way you can have something to gauge your progress on, and it gives the trainer an idea of where to start.

Don’t be nervous; go there with the mindset that this is going to be fun, because exercise is fun, if you make it fun.  I wish I could work with a personal trainer

inofwls
on 1/14/08 5:57 am
Thank you so much, this is the second largest investment that I'm making for me. I'm excited to enter this stage & very nervous as well.   I'm hoping you will have an opportunity to work with a trainer soon.

-Maryama

"Beauty is not in the face, Beauty is a light in the heart"
          -Khalil Gibran

Earl C.
on 1/14/08 8:39 am - Circleville, OH

T The fact they are giving you a fitness eval before starting a program shows me they probably know what they are doing.  It's one of the reasons I don't like to give out programs online. There is no way I can know what your fitness level is over an email or phone.  So I don't think it's possible to construct an appropriate workout program for someone else online. It's not a test you can fail. It's just a gauge to see where you are so they can construct a good program that fits your needs and not some one size fits all cookie cutter routine they pulled out of Muscle and Fitness  magazine. Good luck Earl

Most Active