confused!!!

wildrose021
on 1/10/08 2:50 pm - MN
I have been working out for a 1 1/2 weeks now doing  60 minutes on the elliptical and my calories are 1400-1500 a day, I did an online BMR thing and it came out to 1,992 calories a day but I havent lost any weight not even a pound it has gone up 2 pounds, im looking to lose 15-20 pounds, I dont know what im doing wrong , do you think I should decrease my calories? any suggestions would be great !!!
wjoegreen
on 1/10/08 11:18 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Takes 2 weeks to see long term results minimum. Just keep it up, you are doing good, real good.  You may go thru some fatigue, play with increased iron, B12, potassium, and/or protein. I also started taking flaxseed oil at night before bed, 1500 mg (2  pills at 750 ea) that help keep the south end operation as the protein can clog you up.  Also make sure yo are getting your water/fluid in to help the body cleanse out the fat and waste, keeps the kidneys working and prevents kidney stones.  You may find yourself actually wanting to work out more as you begin feeling energized and start seeing physical results/improvements. Lastly,...don't get too wrapped around the axles about the pounds.  I found that when the scalses showed lose, it was motivating but it was when the scales weren't moving that i noticed the change in physilogical structure; shrinking waist, smaller butt, shoes getting too big, wris****ch getting too loose, etc., etc.  The body redistrubites as it seek to find harmony amongst its void from stored fat and resistance to let some of that store fat (food/energy reserves) go. Just be sure to get in your protein and water at the absolute minimum so your body is metabolizing fat and carbs and not your muscle tissue. And keep up the good work, the result you seek are right around the corner.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
2fit2quit
on 1/13/08 12:48 am, edited 1/13/08 12:48 am - MI

Great job on the 1 ½ weeks and wow on the 60 minutes of cardio!!!

Try thinking of weight loss this way.  How long did it take to put the weight on?  It will take a while for it to come off.

When you start to lower your calories, your body sees this as a need to start conserving the fat that it has and it starts holding on to it.   The main thing is to keep at it and don’t give up. 

Weight training is a big part of weight loss.  Make sure to continue to challenge yourself so your muscles will become stronger and help to raise you metabolism.

As it was said above, don’t bother with the scale.  Use a tape if you want to track progress.

Your calorie intake is about as low as you want to go.  Don’t drop below 1200.  It’s just not healthy

One last thing, check your heart rate while doing cardio and make sure you are staying at your target heart rate   google “target heart rate”

Hope that helps

Chris

Most Active