An Elliptical Question

mwy
on 1/10/08 4:31 am
Hi Everybody...this is my first post on this board, I usually hang over on the Plastics board, although it was nice to see a few friendly faces here. A little history.  I am non-op, highest weight 320 with severe PCOS.  Long story short, I have lost my weight and gone through my plastics, except for the dreaded thigh lift!  Michelle is my inspiration. I lost my weight through low carb diet and a LOT of working out at home.  When I was still heavy, I bought every piece of equipment known to man and then never used it. Shy Whistler Then I gave it all away.  Now that I am maintaining my plastics results, I would like to kick things up a notch and have considered getting an elliptical.  As far as treadmills go, to me, they're about as exciting as a trip to an all night dentist!  So that is definitely out. My question is, if you were going to buy one piece of equipment, would it be an elliptical or something else for cardio?  And if an elliptical, do you recommend any specific kind. I would appreciate your imput, Mary
Dan_P.
on 1/11/08 4:09 am - Baltimore, MD
I enjoy using the elipitcal machines at the gym much more than the treadmill. I prefer running outdoors to the belt. My gym uses the proform models and they hold up nicely. Maybe a good idea would be to find a vendor and check out the different options.
mwy
on 1/11/08 4:19 am
Thanks for the input.  I have been looking online and ProForm seems to be the brand of choice for durability and lifetime warranty.  Someone just sent me links to some brands I haven't seen, so I am going to look at those, too.  I'm really interested in one for interval training.  I do it on my own, but it just seems that it would be nice to have a computer do it for me! It's not that I'm lazy, it's just hard to keep track of all that and bounce around, too!  ThanksMary 
Laurie S.
on 1/14/08 3:35 am - Tomball, TX
I am in love with the elliptical machine.   It's my favorite!  I would buy one if I was able to.. until then, I visit mine at the gym several times a week! :)
mwy
on 1/14/08 7:41 am
Thanks Laurie for telling me such great news.  Guess what?  I bought one!  It's a Proform and has everything I thought I needed on one.  Although I don't have an MP3 player.  But I put it right next to the stereo speakers and I can listen to satellite radio. It has a bunch of personal trainer programs and the resistance changes automatically so it's perfect for me.  'Elliptical for Dummies'! I'm going to read everything tonight, so I don't hurt myself on it tomorrow.   Wish me luck, Mary
Most Active