Tuesday work out

bigal2029
on 1/8/08 8:26 am - Springfield, MO

Didn’t do alot today had no sleep last night, was up all night because of all the tornados and severe thunderstorms we had in MO. We had a tornado touch down just 2 miles away from our house, but we only had a little damage to one of our fences.

2 mile warm up hill level 15, treadmill  50 minutes water aerobics 40 minutes lap swim

Alan Hartman
Obesity Help. Com Certified Support Group Leader.

OH groups leader of the Men's Locker Room Support Group
Come join the Men’s Locker Room online support group. A place where only us guys can post and talk. www.obesityhelp.com/group/bigal2029_group 

Proud to be in the “Before and After photo section in OH Magazine. (September/October 2009) and in the May 2010 issue of 417 Magazine (Losing it)

michelle O.
on 1/8/08 9:01 am - Tampa, FL
Still a great workout! I didn't get to workout today. My legs and ankles are really swollen from working...where I stand all day so today I decided it would be best to give it a break since after just a few hours of work and errands they swelled again...pesky recovery time.
wjoegreen
on 1/8/08 11:52 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Looking Good Al.  Glad you survived the storms. Way to kick that treadmills butt!! Starryeyes, just working all day after the thigh reduction,.....don't get too crazy on us and mess ourself up.  Your break with swollen ankles is more than a good decision. I didn't get out until 9:30 p.m. so I did 2 miles of interval sprinting at the local outdoor track over 30 minutes.  I have a lunchtime jogging date with my 22yr old daughter tomorrow and I mapped out a 10 mile route around my home last night I hope to conquer this coming Saturday. PSYCH!!! So I'm at 10.5 miles total to-date, over the last 3 days for Jan 2008 (5.5 Sun, 3 Mon, 2 Tues) .  I should never have taken so much time off over the holidays.........  Whine Whine Whine
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 1/8/08 8:31 pm - DE
Your doing great, Joe!  After all it is January.   I did 4 miles on the treadmill last night, and 20-minutes on the stair stepper.  I'm trying to figure out how to conquer those hills this year.  I've got the PSCI Icicle 10-miler on Sunday, so I help the weather stays like this for awhile. Rob
wjoegreen
on 1/8/08 9:15 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
You are keeping an inspiring pace and calendar there Rob.  You've got be careful or you could become my next hero. I have a heck of a time keeping pace with you and scott, mary and deanne.  But I look forwaRD TO READING ABOUT YUOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ADVENTURES.  Dang Caps lock key......  Grrr....
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Deanna34
on 1/9/08 12:37 am - Salem, OR
Joe, you do not look like you could have a 22 year old daughter!   You're totally inspiring me to get out there and run more!  Great job! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Deanna34
on 1/9/08 12:39 am - Salem, OR
Tuesday is my "low key" day ... I did 45 minutes on the elliptical on a cross country program going as fast as my short legs would allow me!  It said I went just over 3 miles though so not too shabby! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

wjoegreen
on 1/9/08 1:00 am - Colonial Heights, VA
U b kickin butt and takin names in my book!   45 mins as fast as you could.     That is awesome. I tried to see how far I could sprint last night while doing my interval regime.  My 100 yd sprint lasted down the straight and extended into the curve,...and I died.  Maybe 200 yds.  So my next immediate goal is to get a complete lap (440) as fast as,... my short little legs will allow me.  Probably a little less than 45 minutes.   You modest, slender, active types just kill me!!!! See its the little things that push me to do more and you guys are great pace setters.  
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Deanna34
on 1/9/08 1:16 am - Salem, OR
Hey Joe!  Great job with your sprint!  I am sooooo not a sprinter at all ... I would have died after 20 feet!  I've been trying to increase my running speed a little at a time ...  I can keep a steady pace at 6.2 mph on the treadmill but more than that gets me really winded.  One day I pushed myself to run a full mile at 7.0 and I did it but it was hard!  Slowly but surely I'll get my pace time where I want it! Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

wjoegreen
on 1/9/08 3:43 am - Colonial Heights, VA
See,..my pace on the treadmill is 5.4 to 5.6 on the high end. I usually go for 1 hr or 5 miles, whichever happens first.  Some days I feel stronger than others, but 90% of the time, I'm outside and just time myslef on a course I know the distance of.  A mile at 7 would send me into cardiac arrest!!!  You are doing so dang good. But I understand and have experienced first-hand that doing this interval sprint training (High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)) has reduced my time in the 10K and improved my endurance. The most I have done is 16 laps, sprinting the back 100 yd stretch each lap and jogging the front 100 yard stretch, walking the curves to recover.  I could only muster 8 laps Tuesday evening.  But with my past improvements that came after adopting the HIIT into my weekly workouts, and hybrid combining the mentality with FARLEK philosophy of incorporating faster pace into timed stretches of your running distances to improve strength, wind, endurance and overall time; might be a way to get faster sooner.  So I am thinking if I increase the 100yd sprints that started as 40 yd sprints, into 220s and eventually 440s and 880s, alternating days with some basic distance days finishing off the week with a long distance day and a day of rest on the weekends is going to be my approach for the April 10K sub 1 hr goal.   If you have any training tips,.....I am interested in getting to where your are in achievement.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active