I just got a Swissball...

Carissima
on 1/7/08 3:09 am - Greenville, SC
RNY on 03/06/07 with
But I don't really know what to do with it.  Any exercises that you guys usually do or that you find particularly fun? Thanks! Cynthia
Official Prez of the 200 club.  The place to be when you are waiting to see a 1. 

Congrats to all of our Former Members.  We love you.

I am stealing this idea!  My weight on Jupiter: 508.2, Mars: 81, and the Sun: 5820.4

wjoegreen
on 1/7/08 3:57 am - Colonial Heights, VA
I'd say, dribbling it up and down a basketball court or taking it for a jog but I've never had one of my own.  This website had some good ideas: http://www.ptstrategies.com/exercises/SwissBallex.html Good luck with that!!!  I'm betting it is really superior for ab workouts! 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 1/7/08 4:36 am - DE
push-ups.  You can start easy by having little distance between the ball (most of your belly on the ball) and your hands, and progressively roll the ball out until you are doing push-ups with just your ankles on the ball. Rob
Earl C.
on 1/7/08 9:40 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Cynthia, It's good for crunches. Joe's link shows the form.  I know they were pushing using it instead of a chair at the last OH conference I went to. You have to keep fighting to stay balanced. Only new idea I've seen for them is to fill them with water and lift them like Atlas Stones. (see world's strongest man contest) I'd stick with crunches. :) Good luck Earl
janiej
on 1/8/08 9:19 am - Independence, IA
I took a fit ball class a couple years ago and there's actually lots of things you can do with them... almost anything that's done on a bench can also be done on the ball -- only with the benefit that you are using your core muscles for balance....  I really like doing my crunches on it... depending on what part of your back you are positioned it will make it harder.  Also the closer together you put your feet the harder it is also because you're not using your feet for balance.  I do a reverse crunch using a ball under my legs and holding between my ankles and butt and then bending my legs up toward my tummy (sorry -- laying on my back) that is awesome for the lower tummy. I use the ball for wall squats too and find it a little easier since my balance really sucks doing regular squats.  Again, depending on how you position your legs is what part of your quad or glutes you are working. Good luck Janie
Janie 
Most Active