Running Options

rgmuckli
on 1/7/08 2:10 am

I have been running for a couple of months now and want to begain training for a Marathon in the future. I know that I should do in get special running shoes but I have a question for you guys first. I have a pair of Nike plus shoes right now. So I can plug a thing into my i-pod and it tell me how far I ran and the time. If I get a new pair of shoes I won't have this option, are there other things on the market that do this? Also I run 4 miles at a time now and my feet never hurt, should I get new shoes?

wjoegreen
on 1/7/08 3:52 am - Colonial Heights, VA

They all wear-out eventually. Start shopping. I try to keep two pairs of shoes in rotation every couple of days so the foam in the heels have recovery time and the sweat doesn't make them stink so fast.  I also find that after about 6 months, even my favorite shoes start making my feet hurt.  A good pair of shoes can make running a lot less painful,..which keeps it being more enjoyable and very much worth the investment, even if you keep buying the same make and model. I gotta ask though,......where do you put the batteries in the shoes to send the data to the ipod analyzer thingy???

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 1/7/08 4:30 am - DE
Almost all of Nike's brand running shoes have the + available. You can take the module out of the sole of your current pair of Nike+ shoes and just put in the new pair.  You can also buy an attachment that will keep the Nike+ on your shoe laces.  Just check out some of the running magazines.  I use my ipod and Nike+ every day, so I just stick to the Nike running shoes.  I buy a new pair every 6-8 months.   Between the Garmin and my Nike+ ipod I always know my pace and distance, and also always have a smile on my face while listening to good music. Rob
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 5:54 pm
Of course, you should take a new shoes. I think reebok shoes are very good for sports.
kypdurran
on 1/9/08 1:38 am - Baton Rouge, LA

My girlfriend bought me a Garmin Forerunner 50 for Christmas and I couldn't be happier with it.   The package she got me came with the heart rate monitor strap and I recently bought the footpod and cycle sensor.   The Forerunner 50 looks like a regular watch unlike the other ones they offer that are about the size of a cell phone on your wrist.   I really love mine.   It collects all kinda data from mileage, speed, heart rate, cadence, steps, etc. and uploads it to my PC as soon as I get within range.   Heh.  Now I have physical PROOF that I'm running 35+ miles a week.  :)

Here's a link to it on Garmin's site:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=10527

Most Active