Monday Workout

michelle O.
on 1/7/08 1:32 am - Tampa, FL
Hi all! Well I got the ok to get back to normal activities from my PS surgeon so I hit the gym this morning! 30 mins elliptical nothing too crazy light interval since it was my first day back Did some weights focused on my arms and shoulders. Man what a difference it is now that my thigh skin is gone...my thighs no longer crash together while on the elliptical...never in my life would I thought they would have a space between them!!! Keep up the good work! Michelle
wjoegreen
on 1/7/08 3:47 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Oh thats great,.... have a little PS then rub our nose in the benefits. You skinny people are all the same....... How'd that sound,...good heh?? Congrads on the success.   You having to work out with a stick yet,.... to beat the guys off???
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
michelle O.
on 1/7/08 10:22 am - Tampa, FL
No sticks...then again I'm there to bust my butt the stick comes in handy when I go out. lol.
Earl C.
on 1/7/08 9:49 am - Circleville, OH
Glad you're back Michelle. So how painful is that PS on the thighs? I heard it's the worst kind of ps because of the area. My workout 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm @ Barbell club 10 min warm up Speed Benching with mini bands Overhead press Push Press Power Jerks Incline Discus Flyes 1 Arm DB Laterals DB French Press superset rope pushdowns I'll probably walk and do some abs later if  I get a break at work. Earl
michelle O.
on 1/7/08 10:21 am - Tampa, FL
Earl,  Awesome workout...Actually the thighs were not too bad to be honest...the swelling was the worst the first week. I just got home from working and my ankles are really swollen...not like I didn't do much today. Thighs are easier then the belt lift in my opinion. I was terrified to have them done because of all the horror stories I had read...finding a GREAT surgeon who has done enough thigh lifts is key...My surgeon made the narrowest incision so it healing easily...plus being paranoid about ripping them open helped to keep me sitting still long enough to make sure they were healing.  
Earl C.
on 1/7/08 11:37 am - Circleville, OH

Well I'm glad it worked out for you. I get to ansy to sit that long. The 3 days in the hospital for WLS about killed me. LOL  My hernia surgey was outpatient because I told them If I'm not dying I prefer not to stay. So they let me go home. Break back in slow girl. Earl

bigal2029
on 1/7/08 7:16 pm - Springfield, MO

Back to the gym today after taking the weekend off. It felt good to hit the weights again

1 mile warm up, hill program, treadmill  Bench press  Dumbbell Incline press  Overhead Press  Lateral raises  Pushdowns  Abs 2.5 mile cardio work-out hill program, level 15 on the Sci-Fi RST 7000 Recumbent Stepper

Alan Hartman
Obesity Help. Com Certified Support Group Leader.

OH groups leader of the Men's Locker Room Support Group
Come join the Men’s Locker Room online support group. A place where only us guys can post and talk. www.obesityhelp.com/group/bigal2029_group 

Proud to be in the “Before and After photo section in OH Magazine. (September/October 2009) and in the May 2010 issue of 417 Magazine (Losing it)

Deanna34
on 1/7/08 11:29 pm - Salem, OR
Oh man, I'm so jealous you had a thigh lift!  Mine look like a couple of deflated balloons!  Ha, ha! Monday I went to a 60 minute power weight lifting class in the morning.  Then back in the evening to run 2 miles and walk 1 mile.  It was a good day! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

wjoegreen
on 1/8/08 9:32 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Running now lifting,........hmmmmm. Should we be watching for you on American Gladiator??? Love the map-a-run website.  Thanks for the reference.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Deanna34
on 1/9/08 12:35 am - Salem, OR
Hi Joe! American Gladiator?  Maybe ... in my dreams!  I've thought about applying to be on Amazing Race or Survivor though.  Wouldn't that be fun?! I love mapmyrun.com ... it's so helpful!  Glad you like it! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active