Sunday workout

Earl C.
on 1/6/08 12:37 pm - Circleville, OH
Had to move the bed around this morning but did some walking at work gym today. 8 pm walked 30 min on treadmill 11 pm walked 20 min on treadmill Earl

“A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Gagelot

wjoegreen
on 1/7/08 3:45 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Thanks for keeping us motivated Earl. I got back out for the first time in two weeks.  First was laziness and the second, I got that darn flu going around work and the kids at school. Happy New Year!! I did 5.5 miles Sunday night (6 -7:15 p.m.).  I was real pleased I made 5 before needing to walk the home stretch but bummed it was only 5 when I went back and clocked the route I ran using the car odometer for the time it took me 1:15,...but it has been two weeks so I'll flog myself more later.  Plus I had no idea how far I'd got from just picking a route as I went.  It was a beautiful evening. Till your next post.....
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Deanna34
on 1/7/08 8:32 am - Salem, OR
Hi Joe! Have you checked out www.mapmyrun.com?  It's way cool!  You can map out your run before you go or after you've already run.  And it will tell you your miles.  It's really neat and I use it all the time! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

wjoegreen
on 1/7/08 12:40 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Thanks D, that is pretty cool.  so cool, I built a profile and three of my local routes.  Thanks for the info.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Earl C.
on 1/7/08 9:52 am - Circleville, OH
It's in the 60's here in Ohio this week...so far. Might be 40 below by the time I type this. Good job though Joe. I used to do that too, but to track my walking when I did it outside. Drive the route in the car. Good idea. Earl
MaryS
on 1/7/08 8:56 pm - Long Island, NY
Joe, They are a little pricey, but have you checked out the Garmin watches.  I have the Garmin Forerunner 305. ! The watch has a build in GPS system and tracks your pace, mileage and overall time. Of course you can upload the info to your computer and have a history of all your runs.  I love it! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

wjoegreen
on 1/7/08 11:19 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Sounds fun but probably more hi-tech than I'm willing to pay for.  I will check out their avaiablility in my area and cost,..just incase I'm wrong.  Thanks for making me aware of the toys,...er umm, tools of the trade.  Will it make me faster or just more likely to get run over from playing with my watch while running??  I am easily distracted,  by things like shiny objects and coins on the roadside......
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 1/7/08 4:31 am - DE
Slow day, but no guilt... 1 hour spinning class. 1 hour body pump class. Rob
MaryS
on 1/7/08 8:53 pm - Long Island, NY
Rob, I'd hate to see what you do on a day that isn't slow! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

MaryS
on 1/7/08 8:54 pm - Long Island, NY
Well, I still can't do anything more than walking.  I got in three walks on Sunday - I was watching a neighbor's dog so I had a lot of motivation to get her out for walks!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Most Active