Can You Recommend A Book?

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/08 9:23 pm - FL
I'm looking for a good book for womens exercises.  Can any of you make a recommendation? THanks! Wanda
Chris G.
on 1/3/08 3:46 am
Some excellent books that you can start off with are: -Building Her Body Perfect, Brad Schoenfeld -28-Day Body Shapeover, Brad Schoenfeld -Women's Health Perfect Body Diet, Cassandra Forsythe -Women's Health & Fitness Guide, Michele A. Kettles, Colette L. Cole, Brenda S. Wright Those are just a few, but they are written by knowedgeable people who have degrees in exercise science and MDs.
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/08 8:18 am - FL
Thank you for the information!  I'll take a look at them. Wanda
wjoegreen
on 1/4/08 1:03 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Try Active .com and sportsbackers.com and maybe roadrunners.  They have good websites with lots of article, excerpts and recommended reading.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
JeremyGentles
on 1/9/08 10:40 pm - Johnson City, TN
What do you mean when you say women's exercises?

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/08 4:00 am - FL

I'm looking for exercises that will result in a sexy, shapely body of a woman instead of bulking up like a man!  

JeremyGentles
on 1/10/08 4:57 am - Johnson City, TN
This is actually quite a misnomer. There really aren't any exercises that are more suited for woman than men (or vice versa). Unfortunately many of these ideas have been made popular by magazines such as Shape, Self and others. Women generally don't need to worry about bulking up. This is especially true after weight loss surgery since your caloric intake is limited. In order to build lots of muscle tissue you need ample calories and for the most part after WLS, building too much muscle tissue is not an option to begin with. Let me know if you would like me to clarify this further.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active