Newbie checking in

johnb_az
on 1/2/08 3:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi all,   I had my surgery Feb. 2008.  Check out my profile for more detailed info  please.  I starting exercising about a month before surgery.  I took the required time off except for walking afterwards.  I started a cardio/weight resistance program 2 months post-op (April 08).  I use exrx.net to get my workout information.  I currently exercise just 3 times a week as I have severe ESLD from diabetes, NASH, the whole co-morbidity deal.  I was told that if it came from drinking instead of Diabetes/NA**** would reverse to some degree...    I wish I could exercise more, but it takes everything I have to just get out 3 times a week.    I have a lot of fatigue normally.  I also been having more pain issues.  The fatigue/pain is normal for my illness, but I know lifting adds to it.  My gastric bypass surgeon told me not to take Ibuprophen.  I have started taking 1000mg of Tylenol with 400MG Ibuprophen 2 to 3 times a day and it helps.  I am worried the NSAID(Motrin) will give me problems with my pouch.  Does anyone else take Motrin?  Does your doctor put it on the do not take list also?  I would like to get some relief from the pain.  I do not want to give up training as I believe the benefits out way the risks of the Motrin.    I am looking for good websites/info on changing up my routines.  I feel it is starting to get stagnant.  Any ideas?  How about protein?  I am trying to take in 1gram per pound so trying to average 150 grams in a day.  I use protein shakes/drinks to reach my goal because that much food would be too much for me. Thanks for the read, Doc
Earl C.
on 1/2/08 7:09 am - Circleville, OH
Welcome Doc. Looks like you're doing better than most. I take Tylenol and Ibuprophen and my doctor knows it. I don't seem to have any issues with it. I've heard it can cause ulcers. Good luck to you Earl
Most Active