walking 1/2 or full marathon post wls

LisaAC
on 1/5/08 10:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I don't know how many miles a marathon is, but I did a walk in October that included 10 miles and climbing 1000 steps.  It was the first time I'd done any such thing.  I just walked as much as I could most days and did big walks on the weekends, adding mileage as time went on.  I did five mile walks regularly and a couple 7-8 mile walks.  Someone told me if I could do 7, I could do 10, so I counted on that, and it was the case.  As well, I added walking to my day to day stuff whenever possible...got off the bus a couple stops sooner, that sort of thing.  Eventually, it becomes second nature. Good luck to you. Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Full Tilt Boogie .
on 1/7/08 1:56 pm - none of your bee's wax, CA
You rock... I would say you did about the same as a 1/2 marathon with the ten and the 1000 steps, if not the same, close. Thank you for the info...bmah

Grow some and use 'um!     

Linn D.
on 1/6/08 9:41 am - Missoula, MT
Hi!  I'm excited to hear about your goal! I ran my first 10K race less than 8 months after my surgery, and my first half marathon 3 months later. I'm currently signed up to run the rock and roll arizona marathon in a week.  Having a goal in mind helps a lot of people maintain a good exercize regime - myself included.  I get bored, so I tend to work better if I have an ultimate goal. There are many 12-week training programs to get ready for a half marathon.  I found mine online for free, but I can't remember now what site I was on. Good luck with your goal! Linn
Full Tilt Boogie .
on 1/7/08 1:58 pm - none of your bee's wax, CA
Linn, You are an animal, and I mean that with the highest respect. I will get my intake more centered and get after the Disneyland 1/2 marathon the end of Aug. Thank you...bmah

Grow some and use 'um!     

Most Active