Resolution Run Race Report

Rob S.
on 1/2/08 9:52 am - DE
Great job, Dan!  Great time!  I joined a running club today to get some coaching and support to help me increase my time and stamina.  They run outside every Wednesday night and Saturday regardless of temperature.  The biggest problem is that they also love to eat and drink (pasta and beer).   I also starting today working out on the stair stepper to increase my hill climbing pace.  My goal is to get into that 25-26 range consistently.   I've got my first 10-miler lined up in two weeks.  I'm getting apprehensive about it, because it is getting really cold outside lately (the race is called the Icicle 10-miler).   Can't wait to hear about your next one.  By the way, are you buying a wet suit for the tri?  Those suits really help with buoyancy, but they are really hard to get off when you transition to the bike.  I'm doing a sprint in mid-May so I'm hoping the water warms up enough to make it bearable. Keep busting up those hills. Rob
Dan_P.
on 1/2/08 9:31 pm - Baltimore, MD

I'm 90% sure that I'm going to rent a wetsuit for the tri. If I hate doing the tri I'd hate having bought an expensive wetsuit and not use it. You can rent one for $35 from Th - Tue. The trick will be getting a good fit from a rental. I'll talk with a local tri sports store here about that this spring. Running in the cold is tricky. I'd make sure you're wearing a scarf or something to help control the cold air in your lungs Rob. After I ran on Tuesday I was still hacking up bits of phlem yesterday. I was a tad underdressed for that run and didn't really warm up until half of the run was over. I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with the running club. I'm apprehensive about joining one here. I'm not exactly a social butterfly and if part of the culture is socializing, then I wouldn't necessarily be down for that. Although I would like limited socializing and running help. Hmmmm.

MaryS
on 1/3/08 8:44 am - Long Island, NY
Dan, Wow, what a great time you finished in.  I'm so envious of all the fast runners out there.  My goal is to get faster this year!  Congratulations! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active