First workout of 2008

Earl C.
on 1/1/08 10:39 am - Circleville, OH

Tuesday  8 pm to 9 pm @ work gym 10 min warm up Suspended Floor Press Medium Grip Incline DB Press Suspended Floor Press Close Grip Incline Discus Flyes Leg Raises off a foam roller. Earl

Rob S.
on 1/1/08 10:13 pm - DE
Went to the gym and had a blast!  I started with a 75-minute Hangover Redemption spinning class.  Since I haven't had a drink since my RNY, it was fun to watch some of the people really struggle.  Since I was a co-leader for the ride, I really pushed the group on the hills. Then there was the "Kicking in the New Year" class.  This was a hour-long kick boxing class with 500-people.  There were 20 instructors that came in from all parts of the Eastern seaboard.  It was a riot.  It kicked my butt.  I'm definitely going to continue to attend this class.  According to my Polar I sweated out 720 calories during this class.  It is a real high intensity class, not for the weak of heart. Good way to start the year! Rob
Deanna34
on 1/1/08 11:34 pm - Salem, OR

Wowee, Rob!  You really did a ton of exercise and burnt a lot of calories ... hope you ate enough to help fuel your body!  Great job! I LOVE kickboxing classes ... it's a great stress relief too! Deanna

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Deanna34
on 1/1/08 11:33 pm - Salem, OR
We had the Capitol Mile walk/run on the 1st.  I wanted to run it but I have 2 friends from a weight loss support group meeting come with me and they aren't able to run.  So I walked with them ... I was just glad that I actually inspired someone to come with me so I held myself back and walked.  But, it was "a mile to build your year upon" so that was a good thing, no matter if I walked it! Today is back to the gym day with morning and evening workouts.  I will be sore for sure! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 1/2/08 9:41 am - DE
Great job, Deanna, Sometimes it is really hard to drop back and walk, but it sure is great to get others inspired.  Look forward to hearing about your next challenge. Rob
Kevin A.
on 1/2/08 12:33 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Happy New Year!!

2 mile run!! It felt good to be out running this morning.

Weights-Chest, back, shoulders and arms!!

2 months from today is marathon day!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
bigal2029
on 1/2/08 5:51 am, edited 1/2/08 5:51 am - Springfield, MO

After taking about a week off from working out because my wife was on vacation and we had a lot to do around the house I wanted to start today with a non lifting day so I hit the pool, and back to the gym tomorrow.

1 mile warm-up on treadmill hill program level 10 45 minutes water aerobics 45 minutes lap swimming

Hope everyone had a great day.    Alan 

Alan Hartman
Obesity Help. Com Certified Support Group Leader.

OH groups leader of the Men's Locker Room Support Group
Come join the Men’s Locker Room online support group. A place where only us guys can post and talk. www.obesityhelp.com/group/bigal2029_group 

Proud to be in the “Before and After photo section in OH Magazine. (September/October 2009) and in the May 2010 issue of 417 Magazine (Losing it)

Lagniappe12
on 1/3/08 1:15 am - Atlanta, GA
Ok, I'll join in!  I'm so inspired by you all. I did 30 mins of Walk Away the Pounds.  A little lame, I know, but am starting a Couch to 5K program Monday in hopes of eventually working up to running a 10K in July.  I walked my first 10K in August and really want to actually run come July!

516.6/
232.2/180- 284.4 lbs down!

Duodenal Switch - 8/30/2006 - Dr. Marchesini
My Blog | Lab Rat Data | DuodenalSwitch.com

Most Active