Happy New Year

MaryS
on 12/29/07 8:44 am, edited 1/3/08 8:52 am - Long Island, NY
Hi Everyone, I've been laying low for the last week.  On the 21st I had a lower face lift and revision of the veritical scar from my lower body lift.  The surgery knocked more out of me than I expected.  I've been really tired.  The upside, I'm really excited about my results - it looks like I will actually have a jaw line.  So, needless to say, I haven't been exercising.  I haven't even been able to walk as I have to watch against raising my blood pressure due to the face lift.  Tomorrow I will be able to get our for a walk.  You know I can't wait.  I feel all my muscles turning to mush! Best wishes to everyone for a Happy and Healthy New Year filled with lots of exercise. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 12/30/07 12:17 am
First and foremost, let youy body heal.  I am glad that you are happy with your results.  I have been comming up with excuses on why I can't get the tummy tuck with hernia repair.  I guess I should just do it.  I have heard that it helps put the fat chapter behind you.  I could use some of that. Anyway, have a great year yourself and here is to happy running!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 1/3/08 8:46 am - Long Island, NY
Scott, The lower body lift really did a lot to put the "fat chapter" behind me.  It also helped with my running!  It made about a minute difference in my mile time.  How's that for an incentive?! I had about 16 pounds taken off with my lbl.   Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Kevin A.
on 12/30/07 12:55 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Glad your back!! Take Care!!!

Happy New Year!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 1/3/08 8:47 am - Long Island, NY

Kevin, Thanks.  How's the training going?  Any long runs lately? Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Kevin A.
on 1/3/08 10:04 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hey Mary!!

Training is good!! I'm headed to Cabo for a week so I going to have to find time to get some running in between !! Because as soon as I get back from vacation 23 mile!!

Take Care!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 1/3/08 8:54 pm - Long Island, NY

Kevin,

I am SO jealous - I'd love to be going someplace warm right about now.  We are having a bitter cold spell here in NY!  Don't worry too much about the running, you have a solid base and a break won't set you back now.

Have a great trip! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Earl C.
on 12/30/07 5:40 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Mary, Get some rest. Happy New Year. Earl
MaryS
on 1/3/08 8:49 am - Long Island, NY
I'm busy working on the rest!  The recovery is knocking more out of me that I expected.  Nevertheless, I am harassing my surgeon to see when I can get back to running!  I still have to wait a few weeks.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Rob S.
on 12/30/07 8:15 am - DE
Happy New Years, Mary... This is a good time of the year to heal so take advantage of it.   Glad that the plastics went well.  Your muscles will come back quick. Rob
Most Active