Best Way to Restart?

lil_walnut
on 12/27/07 4:46 am - Houston, TX

About two weeks before Christmas, I pulled the inguinal ligament; I don't know how I managed it, and neither does my doctor, but she had me stop doing almost everything for 10 days, whi*****orporated Christmas.   I want to get back in the gym, but I want to take it slowly.   Before the injury, I was doing 45+ minutes on the elliptical trainer (doesn't hurt my knees or feet, arthiritis, - the treadmill and recumbant bike both hurt) I'm thinking about trying 5 minutes on the elliptical at the lowest setting and doing it for a week, then increasing by 5 minutes at a time each week. My doctor didn't have any suggestions. Can anyone help?

"Try not.  Do... or do not. There is no try" 
~Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)

Monthly Short-Term Goal (04/01/2008) - 

Mini Goal (04/01/2008) -

Long Term Goal (12/31/2008) -

I will loose at least 10 pounds a month, by ensuring that I get all my protein in (60-80 grams), eliminating all the bad carbs, getting at least two liters of water in a day and getting my booty into the gym at for least 30 cardio minutes a day, at least four days a week, doing ball pilates every other day at home, picking up Tai Chi on Saturdays and learning to Belly Dance.  AND I will make a concerted effort to ignore the little voice which says that "you can't or you won't" and do what I know I can.

Diona A.
on 12/27/07 12:19 pm - Miles City, MT
Are you sure you don't have a hernia? When I looked up inguinal ligament that's what it talked about. Diona
Diona Austill
Miles City, MT
Most Active