Almost 5 months post op..

MistyLynn81
on 12/23/07 4:01 am - LaGrange, KY
I have a gym membership starting next month and I really wanna start moving more. My problem is I've not been told that I can do anything except for walk. I've had a lot of issues with dehydration and all.. I've had a lot of issues period. I have a G-tube for tube feeding and what not because as hard as I try I barely get half of my protein in and everything else. I really wanna do more than walk and I know I need to check with my doctor before doing anything big, but do you all have any suggestions?? My weight loss is slooooow because all I do is walk.. I'm ready to kick it up a notch or two.
LisaAC
on 12/25/07 12:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Walking is great and you can certainly kick it up a notch or two with just walking.  Maybe you could find a charity walk you would be interested in supporting that takes place later in the year and begin working your way up toward it. As for the gym, what do they offer?  Do they have a pool?  Deep water walking or water aerobics are both excellent ways of building strength and stamina.  But you MUST make sure you get proper nutrients in you before you jump in the pool! Many gyms offer a free session or two or three with a personal trainer for new members.  S/he could offer suggestions as well. Get someone to show you some of the equipment. I like to set a long term goal, then many smaller goals that will take me in that direction.  Start very small. Good luck to you. Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
MistyLynn81
on 12/25/07 1:34 pm - LaGrange, KY
Thanks soo much for replying..  I don't think they have a pool and if they did I wouldn't be able to do anything in it because I have a G-tube. :( I'm gonna definitely talk to the doc first and then talk to them and see what happens. I really wanna be able to do a race or so next year!
Most Active