Becoming a Police Officer

Sharese Smith
on 12/21/07 6:16 am

Has anyone had the RNY and after became a cop? I was just wondering because I just applied and was a little worried that I might night pass the screening process, because I'm still over weight! My intentions is to train for 6 months at the academy; this will help with my weight loss and keep me fit!

Any suggestions? Or has anyone experience this? 

FinallyLosingIt_07
on 12/21/07 10:50 am - Kettleman City, CA
I saw a guy on MTV who was super morbidly obese who had this surgery and then plastics and he is now a cop.  I'm sure it can be done.  I'm looking into becoming a correctional officer once I lose some more weight.  I want to go to a trainer for a few months to get ready for the physical abilities test.  Let me know how things go for you, good luck with your goal.  I think it's great!

Highest weight 360  Day of surgery 289 Current weight 200

Scott William
on 12/21/07 11:03 am
I'm a correction officer.  For the  fitness test I had to do push ups,  sit ups, sit and reach and a mile and a half run.  I did it about 7 years ago.   I don't see any reason that you can't do it.  I was still 290 at the time.  I would guess that most deprtments are probably different.  Good luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 12/29/07 8:39 am - Long Island, NY
I know somebody who just recently graduated from the LAPD academy.  He had gastric bypass surgery about 2 1/2 years ago. Best of luck on reaching your goal. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active