Foot cramping on stationary bike...

Monica N.
on 12/16/07 1:07 pm - PA
Hello exercise and fitness forum.... I'm a lurker. When I am feeling lazy and talking myself out of going to the gym, I look to your posts for inspiration! I have 4+ months to go before surgery...insurance requirements, etc. Currently I am in the process of getting my 6 month Dr. supervised diet/ exercise plan done. When I go to the gym, I try and do 30 minutes a day on the stationary bike. I was fine for about the first week, then the second week my feet started cramping up on me, (especially my right one) so I had to switch to the treadmill, and even went as dramatic as trying the eliptical trainer out yesterday! I bought new running shoes, and that didn't seem to help much either. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or how I can prevent this? Your help is appreciated! ~Monica BMI 39.1 212/214/130
Amanda S.
on 12/17/07 1:32 am - shelley, ID
I'm glad you posted this because I used to have the same problem. Of course it could be because I ride the thing in my slippers! LOL Amanda

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

Earl C.
on 12/17/07 9:01 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Monica,

Make sure you’re taking a good Vitamin and mineral supplement. If you’re low in Potassium, zinc, magnesium or even simple salt, you can start cramping like that. I used to get foot cramps when my blood sugar was too high before surgery or for some reason in a cold pool I would get really bad foot cramps.   Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water too, especially “before” you go workout. Don’t wait until you’re already dehydrated from your workout to start drinking.

Good luck

Earl

Most Active