2nd Annual CONTACT Cape_Atlantic Triathlon

Rob S.
on 12/15/07 8:37 am - DE
Just wanted to tell you all about an event that is great for the January thaw.  I did this last year and signed up again this year.  It is a great way to beat the winter blaws. The 2nd Annual CONTACT Cape-Atlantic Triathlon is an event that begins on Jan.14th and ends Feb 14th.   This is a true triathlon except you get 30-days to fini****!  You can also do it from anywhere in the world, since it is an honor system event.  You get the opportunity to swim (2.4 miles [water classes count as 1/4 mile swim], 112 mile bike ride [15 min stairmaster=1 mile, 1600 meter rower=1 mile, 1 hr spin class=10 mile], and 26 mile run [aerobic class=2 mile,15 min elliptical=1 mile, 15 min pool jog=1 mile]). To get involved CONTACT Cape-Atlantic is asking for a $25 donation.  Make checks payable to : CONTACT Cape-Atlantic  P.O. Box 296  Somers Point, NJ 08244..

"This unique event is not a timed triathlon. It takes place between January 14 - February 14, 2008. You may complete all portions in one day or take the entire month. You may also use any pool facility. ll registered will receive a t-shirt and a chart on which to record distances. All finishers will receive an award at the award's ceremony on 2/23/08. Those unable to attend ceremony will receive shirt and award through the mail." Questions,  e-mail Ann Magee at [email protected] or call (609)823-1850...  Once you register you get a calendar to keep track of your progress.  For those of us who have never attempted the big distances, this may be as close as we get.  I am signing up several people at my gym to do the event.  Two of us even use paddle boards to help us get through the swim.  Have at it. Rob

Most Active