Questions about spinning, yoga and weight training

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/07 1:32 pm
I go to spinning class for 1 hour 5 days a week with my husband.  We have grown to love that class.  I also go to weight lifting classes twice a week for an hour a session.  'The lifting classes are both upper and lower body.  I am starting yoga up to three times a week for flexibility.  I know a little about cardio, etc. and know spinning is mainly cardio.  Are there any strength training components to spinning? My quads are definitely harder.  Also, I like the yoga but don't know the benefits except stretching and flexibility.  Do you all have any general opinions about this?  What about the weight training.  I like going to the classes for the structure, camaraderie and it helps me with discipline.  I don't know much about the mechanics of strength training, though. I particularly like the squats with the dumbbells because it makes me look tough.   I belong to 24 Hour Fitness.  Any ideas, information or suggestions?  Thanks, guys.
Scott William
on 12/14/07 10:03 pm
It sounds to me like you have a well rounded routine down.  The spinning is great cardio, the weight training will tone you up as well as burning calories and the yoga will keep you grounded and limber.  I can't think of anything that I can add to your pretty complete workout routine.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active