20 Miles Saturday!!!

Kevin A.
on 12/14/07 9:40 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
This week my marathon training takes me what most runners call the wall!! 20 mile!! I've been told if I can do 20 miles then I can finish a marathon!! I'm a slow runner so it will be a 5+ hour run for me!!

On happy note I've just about finish raising the $1,500 for Aids Project Los Angeles!! With a lot of help from my friends here on OH!! I want to say thank you to Mary and Rob for donating to worth cause!! If you would like to donate to help people living with HIV & AIDS and help me run a marathon here is your chance!!

http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=LA-3171&EventCode=LA08

See you on the other side of 20 miles!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Scott William
on 12/14/07 10:17 pm
Kevin, It is true that if you can do the 20, you can do 26.2.  You could do it anyway because you have heart.  That's what takes you the last 6.  Have a great 20.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 12/15/07 11:18 am - Long Island, NY
Kevin, I hope you had a great run!  Yes, it's true if you can do 20 you can finish a marathon.  I know it was true for me! Congratulations on raising your $1500. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 12/15/07 8:04 pm - DE
Kevin, Hope your 20 miler went well.  Glad that I could be part of your effort.  I believe that the first time you run something if you finish you succeed, the next time you can worry about your time.  I can't imagine going that long.  Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress. Rob
Kevin A.
on 12/16/07 12:42 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
The 20 miler went good. I finished in 5 hours & 54 minutes! That a long time to be running/walking!! It was not easy but my months of training made it possible to finish and was not hurting to bad after. Next we will be doing short 8 mile runs!!(short 8 mile runs!!) for the next 3 weeks then 23 miles and the first weekend in Feb. we will do the full 26.2! First Sunday in March is marathon day!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active