Dan's End of Year Recap

Dan_P.
on 12/13/07 11:35 pm - Baltimore, MD

Inspired by Scott's post. I thought I'd take a minute to look at my year exercise/fitness wise. I started keeping track of my mileage late last year as a way to gauge my progress in various areas and have been pretty faithful to that. Some highlights: Will be over 1350 miles of walking/running/swimming/biking by the end of 2007. That's roughly the distance between Baltimore, MD and Austin, TX. Weight has dropped from 369 at the start of the year to likely 245ish when I weigh in next week. In a year and a half I've dropped about 280 pounds. Started running in August. Ran first 5K in October. First and second 5 milers in November. 3rd 5 miler will be this Saturday. Signed up for first Triathlon to be held in May 2008. Olympic distance. There's an indoor Tri at my gym in February. That'll be a good practice I hope. After triathlon is over, will start training for Baltimore Marathon in the fall of 2008 and then have my sights set on the Disney marathon in January 2009. After that, who knows? Thanks to everyone on this board for keeping it inspiring and reminding me that I can go further and faster. Keeps me motivated. Here's to a great 2008 and beyond! -Dan

Scott William
on 12/14/07 2:03 am
Great year Dan.  Keep up the great work in 09.  It sucks that there are people who want to run multiple marathons.  For me to stay ahead of the pack, I now have to also.  .   Of course I am an advocate for the Disney marathon.  I loved it.  Make sure that you sign up by the end of spring.  They sell out pretty quickly.  If you had an inkling to do the Goofy (the half and the full) sign up by the end of Jan 08.   Again, great year and keep it up.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Dan_P.
on 12/14/07 2:33 am - Baltimore, MD
Thanks Scott. I'm going to keep my eyes open for that registration and start planning as soon as possible for the Disney. It'll take some doing with the kiddo's and all, but I think with enough prep time we'll have it be a memorable weekend.
Kevin A.
on 12/14/07 9:50 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great job Dan!! I look for forward to hearing about you latest accomplishment!! Here to your success!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 12/15/07 11:21 am - Long Island, NY
Dan, Congratulations on all your great accomplishments.  Isn't it amazing when you take note of them how like this how much you have done?  Wow! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 12/15/07 8:00 pm - DE
Great job, Dan!  Keep up the good work.  Look forward to hearing your exploits and training regimen to get you to that first marathon. Rob
Most Active