Treadmill...

Dorothy B.
on 12/13/07 11:54 am - San Antonio, TX
I have requested a Treadmill for X-Mas. My husband is having a tough time finding one that he thinks will be good enough for me. Suggestions? Has anyone here bought one that can give me a rating. Anything would help! Dorothy
wjoegreen
on 12/13/07 10:10 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Not ignoring you, just can't be much help,...I enjoy fighting the elements and getting outside.  I've looked but hate to part with that much money.  The $459 one at Walmart or something from the trading Post or a used equipment place like Play it Again Sports would be my best guess and make sure it works before you take it home. Surfing the Internet and chceking brands and product reviews and customer comments on what worked and what was junk might be of help too. 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
susiewong
on 12/13/07 11:42 pm - NV
I do not know how much you are wanting to spend, but the Precor treadmills are excellent.  When you touch down on them they actually pause for the foot to make contact.  I probably am not saying that right, but supposedly better for impact when you run, jog or walk.  It has a heartrate monitor you can wear and many many programs that are on the treadmill to use with the monitor.  This is my second one and I cannot say enough about them.  It cost about $3,400 or so.  It has all the programs on it, but I think there is one a bit less with less programs on it.  They have a website online to read about the Precor. Good luck hunting.

SUSIEWONG
5'4 (Surgery: 226) (Presently: 133) (Doc's Goal: 141)

IowaGirl
on 12/16/07 7:30 am - Iowa City, IA
I ditto the complements for Precor.  I use one at my gym and love it!

Debra Welker
on 12/17/07 7:09 am - Kaukauna, WI
I have a pro form from sears and I love it, about $450.If you are just going to walk on it its fine, if you plan on running on it I would invest in a better one like the precor . Otherwise for that kind of money you could join a gym and have more options in your workout such as other machines and arobic classes. Good luck, Debra
Most Active