1/2 Marathon - Done! & Intro

Chris M.
on 12/10/07 9:03 am - Cornelius, NC
I posted this on the Men's board and Scott William told me about this board so I thought I would share with you all and introduce myself as well as I am new to this board. I'll be hanging out here too, I've read through many of the posts and this is great.  I'm glad Scott told me about it.. On Saturday I ran in a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) in Charlotte, NC.  I finished in 2:29:41.  This was my first organized run that I participated in and man was it exciting.  I have been running outside since August and really have enjoyed it.  Prior to Saturday's race the most I ran on my own was 8 miles.   I wasn't sure I was going to finish, because only 4 miles in I started getting a blister on my left foot. But I sucked it up and went for it.  I ran 99% of the time, I only slowed to drink at 3 of the water stations, but started running after just a few seconds of walking.  When I passed the 13 mile marker and could see the finish line I was consumed with emotion, and started sprinting to the line.  It was an incredible feeling of accomplishment and I was overcome with tears of joy.  Here is a link to the results - I am #1502 on the list. http://www.runforyourlife.com/2007_races/thunder_road_half_m arathon_2007.htm Next year I will run the full Marathon. All the best Chris SW 326/GW 175/CW 167/RevisedGW 155
Earl C.
on 12/10/07 10:42 am - Circleville, OH

Great job Chris.

Earl

MaryS
on 12/10/07 10:59 am - Long Island, NY
Chris, Congratulations!  You did fantastic!  It is a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when you cross that finish line - great job! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

wjoegreen
on 12/10/07 11:39 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Whoa dude!  Most impressive!  Glad you have joined in with the rest of us looney toons.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Im2fun4u
on 12/11/07 2:20 am - tacoma, WA
Thanks for posting! You did great! I don't think I could have braved a half marathon for my first race. This is a great forum and offers a lot of positive encouragement. Looking forward to hearing more of your positive accomplishments! Liz

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Dan_P.
on 12/12/07 3:19 am - Baltimore, MD
Congrats Chris! There is nothing more fun than that sprint to the finish. Especially for a half! Wow.
Most Active