Ho-Ho run ...

Deanna34
on 12/10/07 12:54 am - Salem, OR
I ran another 5K yesterday called the Ho-Ho run ... they handed out Hostess Ho-Hos afterwards and yes, I ate one!  Luckily it was just one! Anyway, it was freezing cold and my lungs were on fire (I have a nasty cold).  We had a really tough hill right at the beginning and that just made my legs all weak!  But I muscled through it.  I finished in 33:23.  I was disappointed because I wanted to come in under 30 but I did have a cold and a tough hill at the beginning so I guess overall I did okay.   Today I feel like total crap!  I guess I should have walked it since I was sick but I wanted to run it.  It snowed on us right after we finished!  It was a nice day but cold ... I think I'm more of a warmer weather runner!   Deanna  :) 

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 12/10/07 1:07 am
Even though it was not the best day for you, you learned something and most importantly, you still got out there.  Way to go. I thought you were going to say it was the Ho-Ho run because there were women lining the course dressed like ho's.  That would be a race I would want to run.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Deanna34
on 12/10/07 1:10 am - Salem, OR
Ooooooh Scott, you just gave me a great idea for a costume for next year!  Hee, hee! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 12/10/07 2:03 am - DE
Congratulations, Deanna!  It is amazing to me, that we all get so disappointed in our times.  Remember when we couldn't even imagine walking 5k, much less running it.  Hope you feel better.  I like the warm weather also, but trying to not use that as an excuse to keep me from getting out there and running.  [BTW, I always look forward to Philadelphia Soft Pretzels at the end of our runs, must be something about the carbs.] Get ready for next one. Rob
Kevin A.
on 12/10/07 2:54 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Congratulation!!! That still a great time and more important is you where out there doing something healthy for your body!!

I think of all you running in the really cold weather and I feel like a wuss in the morning freezing because it 50-60 degrees!!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Dan_P.
on 12/10/07 5:02 am - Baltimore, MD
It's tough to run that far when you're under the weather. Congrats on finishing! Another notch in your belt!
Earl C.
on 12/10/07 10:46 am - Circleville, OH
Way to stick it out Deanna.  I can remember running 5k for a box of ho ho's back in the day. Never just one. Earl
MaryS
on 12/10/07 10:49 am - Long Island, NY
Deanna, Congratulations for getting out there and doing the race despite not feeling well.  I've done a race while sick, but it was with co-workers that I didn't want to let down (since I was the one who got them to enter the race).  I don't know if I would have done it like you did, without additional motivation.  So, when is the next race? Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

wjoegreen
on 12/10/07 11:50 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Maybe you feel bad because of the HoHo,......it uh,...was out of the cellophane,.....right?? Way to kick that hill's butt.  I guess it knows who's boss now!! You earned the Ho ho.   But you gotta learn to chew and spit!!! Chew and spit!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Im2fun4u
on 12/11/07 2:13 am - tacoma, WA
Great Job Deanna! The snow must have quickly moved south and hit you guys! You did great no matter how long it took you! I've been running on the treadmill a little more because it's gotten so cold lately. Hope you feel better!

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Most Active