First race completed

ermath
on 12/10/07 2:14 am - Hammond, LA
I ran my first 2 miler Saturday - the Celebration in the Oaks run/walk. . . which didn't feel quite like the Christmas season it was celebrating.  I believe we had record highs of 83 degrees. Nevertheless, my friend Juanita and I ran the entire course and finished at 25:13.  The time was secondary; I just wanted to get to the end. . .and the beer (it is New Orleans, afterall).  I uploaded a photo from the post-run revelry on my profile.  So now we are scouting for a 5K in the near future. . . I enjoy reading about everyone's successes and felt compelled to glow a little. ~Erin
Age: 30, Height: 5'9", Weight: 437/185/170, Sur: RNY Nov05

Deanna34
on 12/10/07 4:02 am - Salem, OR
Wow, Erin!  That is sooooo awesome!  Great job! I checked out the pictures on your profile ... you have come a long way girl!!!  You don't even look like the same person in the before pictures.  You were beautiful then and beautiful now but you just look like a whole new person!  You're amazing! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Dan_P.
on 12/10/07 4:59 am - Baltimore, MD
Congrats Erin! I know you're new to running. Congrats on meeting your first goal. You're right to look for more now that will take you longer and faster. Once you get this running stuff in you it really gets fun!
ermath
on 12/10/07 5:26 am - Hammond, LA
Absolutely, Dan!  Crossing the finish line and feeling like one the "athletic folk" was unlike anything I had felt before.  I'm just glad I had my good friend to make the run with me, and I intend to use her again.

ermath
on 12/10/07 5:22 am - Hammond, LA
Thanks so much, Deanna. . .   I have read many of your posts over the past several months, and your kind words and dedicated attitude are always encouraging. I have to say that I really felt a sense of accomplishment with this run. Towards the end of the race, images of where I was two years ago kept looping through my head.  That sense of wanting to be a runner felt less out of reach, and I couldn't have been on a better high. . .ummm. . .until the beer. Anyhow, again, thanks, and I look forward to continue reading about your progression.

ermath
on 12/10/07 5:23 am - Hammond, LA
Earl C.
on 12/10/07 10:44 am - Circleville, OH
Great job Erin. Earl
MaryS
on 12/10/07 10:55 am - Long Island, NY
Erin, Great job!  Congratulations on your first race.  It must have been quite a thrill crossing the finish line.  I still remember my first race, it was quite emotional.  I can't wait to hear about your 5k. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Im2fun4u
on 12/11/07 2:17 am - tacoma, WA

Erin, You must feel amazing! Glow all you want! We all love hearing about it!!!!

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

kypdurran
on 12/13/07 6:34 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Erin.  That's a fun race.  I ran it last year and would have run it this year too but I was in Disney World. :)

No races that I know of until February.   The Elmwood Classic is earlier in February and the Mardi Gras Marathon is at the end of February.   The Elmwood Classic is a 5K and a 10K I think and the Mardi Gras Marathon is a 10K, half-marathon and a full marathon.   I'm planning on running the 10K for the Elmwood Classic and the half-marathon for the Mardi Gras Marathon.

The next one after that is the Crescent City Classic which is by far my favorite race.  It's like the race you just ran on crack.  Lot's of characters out and there are people cheering you on the entire way.  It's a blast.    The CCC is usually the Saturday on the weekend of Easter.

Most Active